New Release - WD My Cloud Firmware Release 3.01.04 (11/5/2013)

I purchased this product about two weeks ago, now I cannot access it. I attempt to connect to the wd dashboard, nada. I save the firmware update which appears to require access into the dashboard. Great.

Hy everybody,

just bought this mycloud, update with the last firmware and load differents files.

Since then, as soon thereā€™s no activity on the nas,Ā it looses the network conection and become unreachable.

The network is declared under dhcp, iā€™ve tried diffrent option with the energy saver but still the same problem that drive me to the incapacity to rely on this drive for my activites.

Anything to do?Ā 

A new firmware because it seems to be quite regular on this new hardware?

TN

Use static IP and it will solve most of your problems.

Static IP likely will not fix your problem if yours is the same as mine. Ā Have tried it on mine. Ā Still disappears off the net. Ā 

Seems to be a known problem with WD. Ā They have promised a firmware fix. (Phone support and emails) Ā Date promised on phone: tomorrow.(take grain of salt now!)

I have the same issue:

After a while the MyCloud looses the network connection and become unreachable.

I never used SSH / never did any unsupported mod.

Waiting for an updateā€¦

Soooo, where is the new firmware? Friday was yesterday.

Iā€™m waiting tooā€¦

Me too.Ā  It worked great for a while.Ā  Now disconnects all the time.Ā  Rather annoyed.Ā 

BullZeye wrote:

Where did you get the idea that there would be a new firmware on Friday?  Thatā€™s if Iā€™m understanding you correctly. 

I am having the same issue ā€¦ Purchased brand new ā€¦ setup out of the box ā€¦ the Control Panel suggested I in stall the new firmware ā€¦ so I did ā€¦ Now after it sits for ahwile it becomes completely unreachableā€¦ Web UI, Cloud ap, SSH, Ping ā€¦ nothingā€¦ Is there are fix in the works ? Or do I need to RMA this thing ?

Bill_S wrote:

BullZeye wrote:

Where did you get the idea that there would be a new firmware on Friday?  Thatā€™s if Iā€™m understanding you correctly. 

That all started here

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-My-Cloud/My-Cloud-disconneted-itself-from-network/m-p/623561/highlight/true#M1629

And then

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-My-Cloud/Working-fine-then-all-of-a-sudden-no-remote-access/m-p/625213/highlight/true#M1766

Seems wd support have been at it again!

so whatā€™s the deal now, do I upgrade or not, I am really frustrated with that product. I am not able to access it except when the Macbook pro, iphone or ipad are on the same network , other than that I canā€™t. So any suggestions?

I have the same problem too. bought a brand new one, follow the instruction , update the new firmware, now i can do nothing. my cloud canā€™t be reached any more!!! Dead!

Upgrade failed on brand new out of box device.Ā  Turned on new mycloud 4TB, navigated to dashboard and it displayed all was well except for needing upgrade.Ā  Attempted to use automatic upgrade but it failed with a ā€œ20000ā€ error.Ā  Followed WD product screen to download/extract upgrade and used dashboard to start install firmware upgrade, a number of error messages flashed by and drive has now been rythmically clicking while dashboard screen dialogue box states ā€œinporting fileā€.Ā  Glad to apply this upgrade to an empty drive that can be shipped back to Amazon ā€¦

dogyard wrote:

Glad to apply this upgrade to an empty drive that can be shipped back to Amazon ā€¦

Yeah, that sounds, unfortunately, like a DOA hard disk insideā€¦  Doubt the upgrade did it, it probably would have failed anywayā€¦

Donā€™t think itā€™s a DOA drive, itā€™s come back up and is visible via file explorer on Win 8.1 but when trying to access via mycloud.loca/ui it goes through accessing, then reading configuation then reports ā€œnot authorizedā€ and gives a blank WD MyCloud black screen.Ā  Since Amazon has already shipped my replacement Iā€™ll wait to install that and if prompted again to apply firmware upgrade will accept to see what happens.Ā  If WD engineers have shipped a release that canā€™t be applied successfully to a fresh out of the box/default unit then I think it will be time to search for a different product than this one. I have 10 years of client files on a USB local drive that I was hoping to make cloud accessible but fear of loss is far greater than convenience.

• Resolved issue of slow file transfer performance or intermittent WDMyCloud.com remote web access connection.

How slow was it before, it cannot be much worse than the 180KB/s max i am getting with my brand new mycloud that was upgraded to this firmware before i did anything to it.

Too much of a coincidence for all af usĀ  keep having disconnection over remote connection. Must be a problem with the firmware.

I guess wd are not bothering with a fix for this.

http://drivers.softpedia.com/get/HDD-SSD-NAS-USB-Flash/Western-Digital/

BTW, I have not downgraded yet, I read in another post to download the latest firmware from WD and do a manual udate from file, my port forwarding has been holding since I did this yesterday, so I am going to hold off for now.