New Release - My Book Live Firmware Version 2.42.02-012 (4/17/13)

Hi All,

Does anybody know if WD DLNA media server streams mkv files to the TV (Samsung smart TV maybe)?

I did the upgrade. Everything works fine  (MBL 2TB), but MKVs still don’t play to my TV :cry:

Just kicked off the update, and while I waited I though I’d check out what the community had to say about it.  When I read the postings about the upgrade hanging, my stomach went into a knot.  Uh oh, was I too eager?  But the update/upgrade finished and the device rebooted and appears to be working fine.  I have a 2TB mybook live with about 617 GB used. Remote access is enabled, user accounts are setup, and I use the device for backup of two iMacs.  

I upgraded and while my My Book Live does sleep, it seems to wake up an awful lot more.  I also noticed that since upgrading, the following few lines are filling up the rest_api.log file once a minute when my PC is on. 

Apr 20 20:22:46 MyBookLive REST_API[29896]: 192.168.1.6 OUTPUT Storage_usage GET SUCCESS
Apr 20 20:22:46 MyBookLive REST_API[29896]: 192.168.1.6 OUTPUT System_state GET SUCCESS
Apr 20 20:22:46 MyBookLive REST_API[29896]: 192.168.1.6 OUTPUT Firmware_info GET SUCCESS
Apr 20 20:22:47 MyBookLive REST_API[29896]: 192.168.1.6 OUTPUT Firmware_update GET SUCCESS
Apr 20 20:22:47 MyBookLive REST_API[29896]: 192.168.1.6 OUTPUT Alerts GET PARAMS: (queryParams=Array)
Apr 20 20:22:47 MyBookLive REST_API[29896]: 192.168.1.6 OUTPUT UserShares GETALLSHARENAMES
Apr 20 20:22:47 MyBookLive REST_API[29896]: 192.168.1.6 ERROR  GET Not Found

I’m also seeing the following in mediacrawler.log ever since I copied media files to the drive:

exec: No such file or directory

The drive wakes up adds about 5 or 10 more lines of that the above to the log file and then goes back to sleep in 10 minutes.

Same story, update fails at 90%.

Did uplug - device reboots and works fine, but firmware was not given a go.

I switched to WD DLNA Server some time before but it was disabled before update was to be run.

Again I ask - Is it possible to MANUALLY apply this update?

Eg. I wish to download a copy of the v2.42.02-012 .deb file and apply it via the Dashboard.

The WD Knowledge Base displays this message when asking for instructions to update manually:

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5735

Critical: Manual updating is not currently available, if you need assistance please Contact Us.

I have submitted a Support Ticket with Western Digital, but I don’t expect anyone will really try to help me.

Thanks.

My Safepoints have been failing since the update. I have 2 x 3TB Mybook live:-

"

Following events are generated on your MyBookLive HouseNetstore.

Event title:There was an error updating your safepoint.

Event description:2 - There was an error updating your safepoint HouseNetstore on the Safepoint share on HOUSENETSTORE2.

Severity:warn

Event code:1102

Event time:04-19-2013 12:04:43 PM

Firmware version:           02.42.02-012"

If I try to recover a Safepoint which I know exists from before the upgrade it finds the remote drive ok but I get the following error:-

“There are no valid safepoints currently stored on this share. Please go back and select a different share or device to continue.”

I know that a valid Safepoint exists in the directory on the backup drive and can still see it if I browse to it. Both disks are circa 30% used.

Over the last few days since the update I’ve had a mixture of Safepoint completed successfully and Safepoint backup failed messages, just got round to checking.

I have exactely the same problem - very annoying.!!

Also I havent yet been able to access any files on my MyBookLive 2TB from any of my apple products…

Was hoping I could reproduce this problem with the 90% stuck but the firmware update went smooth as glass :frowning:

I can report that the upgrade process DOES NOT delete the updateFile.deb from the CacheVolume after the upgrade though and that hasn’t been the case in the past.

I’ve attempted to upgrade twice. Both times, it’s hung up at 90% for me. The first time, I let it go for 48 hours, and it was still stuck at 90%. I finally unplugged my drive and let it boot itself back up.

I’ve let this one go for about 10 hours this time. Getting ready to unplug it again, and give up until there’s a solution.

EDIT: Removed, NOT working

‘EDIT: Stopping orion has no effect’

Worked for me. After stopping, upgrade finally done.

@Th3V3ldt Were you one of the 90% stuck people?

EDIT: I put my post back just incase it did actually work for you as it may help someone else

EDIT: Removed as I only had 1 reported success which was probably a fluke

Have a MBL 2TB.

Running Windows 7 64

Same problem as most people here - stuck at 90%.

Any ideas WD peeps?

Did you try what I suggested on the previous page? You will need to have SSH enabled and PuTTY or Terminal.

If you don’t know what any of that means, wait for a fix from WD

1 Like

I think I’m going to have to wait for a fix from WD.  Thanks anyway!

Hi WD,

Any word on progress to fix this problem?

Are there any clues as to what could cause some fail and some work and some to fail then work?

Maybe the wider community could do some research if they had some feedback - we are all here to use and/or  improve the system.

Thanks

NFODIZ - No go on your solution in my case.

Thanks for the feedback, I removed it now as the 1 reported success was probably just a fluke

1 Like

I had no problems upgrading the firmware. Though I FEARED disaster  thinking the WD DLNA server was Windows 8 specific I went ahead and got it goin,g no poblems.Ocasionally though I have to ‘restart’ it by going into the dash board and setting the ridio button OFF the back ON again. 

My experience with Twonky 5 was, well, pretty horrible. I won’t go back to that. I’m trying to get another DLNA server on my MBL but I am getting stuck at loading java. This WD DLNA server would be very useful freeing me from dependence on Windows at the necessary times if WD DLNA server had transcoding configuration and podcast support.

Is there configuration beyond the MBL dashboard? What is the configuration url? 

(I’ve tried all the easy url guesses already).

For info my upgrade was very smooth:

2 minutes to download the firmware

5 minutes to install the firmware

7 minutes to reboot and initialize the drive.

I’m using 569 GB of data, remote access is on and additional accounts added.

Hope this helps with troubleshooting.

Mark