New Release - My Book Live Firmware Version 02.43.03 – 022 (10/8/2013​)

I recently updated to the latest Firmware Version 02.43.03 – 022 (10/7/2013) and since then, I have had numerous intermittent network link errors between the Live Duo and My ASUS RT-N66U router.  I had no problems before the update.  I have verified the router ports and cables work properly with other devices.  

I was going to ask about falling back the firmware update, but I don’t see any firmware links other than the current release.  That is very bothersome from an ITIL perspective.  I have submitted a support case. Fortunately I am still in warranty. If I wasn’t in warranty, I would be replacing the device and moving on (but not before a lot of blogging).

Anyone else experiencing similar problems?

Wow!!!

After reading this, it is clear, I will not update my WD anymore… :cry:

Now my WD MBL works great, Twonky, Transmission, mobile access … I’m staying here! in 02.42.02-012 version. Now everything works fine … I hope WD fixes this problem …

_ Good luck mates!  _:confounded:

Re: tamon_v

I suggest  using a live cd such as Mint Linux or Ubuntu to access your files.

Can anyone help? I’ve looked around and no one has mentioned anything about the update process not progressing at all, but that’s what happens to me.

Also, I have downlodade the file and tried to update from it as just clicking on the update button doesn’t seem to do anything!

Please, help! I just bought this thing and haven’t even started using it! I just noticed my firmware was very old (why since I just bought it?) and wanted my MBL to have all the new features…

What firmware is on your mybooklive at this moment?

What happens if you click the check firmware button?

What happens when you try to update the firmware?

After a long long time and by unchecking the auto update it will tell me there’s a newer version (2.0 something).

error: Communication error: Please see Knowledge Base article 5657.

So, I tried a couple other things I thought I could do including turning the thing off and back on again. It did work as it suddenly started behaving as it should!

All done now.

Thanks

FYI, the support tech said reset the device. LOL. No avail.

Now, I cannot even connect AT ALL. 

Internet Explorer in Windows 7 sees the device is out there, but it won’t respond.  Rebooted many times. Don’t know what the thing is doing, but it’s no longer accessible.  Even if a new fix was issued to fix this bad last release, I don’t know how it will get loaded.

Torn between just looking for a non-WD solution and getting a replacement under warranty.  I don’t really want to send the device back with all my personal data on it. I would wipe if if I could access it, but if I could access it then I would not need to send it in.  I guess that tells me what I need to do…  Recommendations for non-WD units?

What color is the front led?

Have you tried a different browser?

Have you tried rebooting the router?

The LED is green and blinking. The only known operation the NAS could possibly be doing, given that I control the rest of the LAN and have tried shutting down all other devices, is to be creating a safepoint.

Yes, I have tried rebooting the router and have tried IE, Chrome, Firefox and Opera.

Having found other posts about safepoint operations, I tried restarting the NAS which came back up and reported “there was an error updating your safepoint”. It also marked ALL past safepoints as “Invalid safepoint operation” when I know from previous maintenance over the last year that they were OK in the past.

I purchased a dumb USB storage device and am in the process of moving my files off this Live Duo device.  The Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) for the Live Duo has simply become UNACCEPTABLE.

I had the same thing happen to me.  After I did the firmware update it continually says intializing device.  I waited overnight and it still says the same thing.  If I hit Esc it goes away for a moment but comes right back.  I tried restarting the MY BOOK and my computer multiple times with no good results.  I tried reUpdating the firmware in between hitting Esc and still received no good results.

When I purchased this unit the set up was not an easy process.  I wonder who does the quality control for this equipment.  I see many similar complaints yet the company does not offer any resolution.  Maybe they should beta test these things with the average computer user before they release them.  If I cant get this resolved soon I guess I will have to buy a different unit and I doubt it will be a WD.

If you have a failure with the firmware update that bricks your MBL, then just use a debrick guide from this forum to fix your MBL. It’s very simple.  Firmware upgrades on any device are prone to bricking a device.

after reading all of this, i think i will pass on this update, thanks 

Bill,

I have a bricked 3TB mybook live. I copied the files off of the data share and would like to run a debrick shell script that will replace the OS on the drive for the mybook server. Question: How and where do I obtain (i.e. manually download, as my unit is “bricked” i.e. white light)  the current version of OS for the drive to perform a manual install using the script that I obtained. It fails when it tries to locate the current version on the wdc website. If I could download it and change the script, it will proceed.

Thank you, in advance,

Jim

Did you check out the debricking method shown in this thread?

http://community.wd.com/t5/My-Book-Live/GUIDE-Debrick-MyBookLive-v2-0/td-p/567582

Let me know if that helps.

Hello, i’m sorry for my english.

About two years ago I bought a my ybook live . Few months ago I bought another my book live for data backups. They are connected to the same LAN. My dlna client applications (on android, etc) are able to see only the new my book live, but not the old one. So i checked out the settings of the two my book live and I found (in settings/multimedia) that the older one has the twonky server, but the newer one has the dlna server. So I checked out the firmware version of the two devices, and with my surprise I found out that the version is the same: MyBookLive 02.43.03-022 : Core F/W.  If I try to update the firmware of my older my book live I get: il firmware è aggiornato (firmware updated, in italian). Is it possible to have the same firmware with two different multimedia server? How can I have the dlna server with my older my book live device?

Thanks.

Igor.

Hi,

You can switch between Twonky and WD media server.

Downloads have a “Patch” and you can swop back.

See here

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5735

Click on “instructions” then scroll down… 

Hope that helps.

Andy.

Starting this morning I’ve been getting an email alert message once an hour from MBL that The firmware update was succesful. What’s going on here?

I have download this file for update the firmware for my booklive for my mac gpl-source-mybooklive-02.43.03-022 3.

How can update the unit by ssh what is the command?

Is this file correct by mac?

PD: I can´t update the unit by UI automatic or manual because is blocked without I check in Dashboar in utilies

my MBL won’t update. its a few years old.

aske SD about file to dl to manually update. they said to send the unit in. really?

i bet most all my hardware at home the usr is allowed to updgrade firmware manually. 

guess i need to find another storage/media server