New Release - My Book Live Firmware Version 02.43.03 – 022 (10/8/2013​)

Can WebDAV please be replaced by a modern equivalent which allows large file compatibility?

I am currently overseas and i do not have my Ip address with me. Could I update manually because i have urgent backup updates which i wish to safe as I’m fustrated wiht the update that can only be done through the dashboard.

Best regards,

WD user (ivan)

I am also facing the same issue in firmware version  02.43.03-022. I cannot enable Twonky server using the patch available in  http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5735.

Any one got Twonky this working on MBL after the firmware upgarde to 02.43.03-022?

I also cannot login to dashboard sence the latest firmware update.

I have ssh enabled and have established that dynamicconfig.ini is blank and cannot be created because /dev/md0 is full at 1.9GB.

a) How do I find out what is in /dev/md0, given that it is not a directory?

b) How do I delete from there?

c)  Anything that i should not delete?

d) How to prevent recurrences?

Thanks

is there a firmware update (anywhere) for this product we install manually?

its BS WD says no and that i can ship it back to them for them to install the update then ship it back to me. thats crazy.

I think it’s still available at http://download.wdc.com/nas/apnc-024303-022-20130916.deb

md0 is a raid filesystem based on /dev/sda1 and /dev/sda2.  It is not your media data, this is held on /dev/sda4.

If you need to delete stuff from md0 manually…

Open up the NAS, take out hard drive.  Attach it to a Linux machine, or use a LIVE CD for Linux to boot up your PC with the NAS disk attached.  From a Linux command line, you can then mount each side of the raid:

sudo mkdir /mnt/rd1

sudo mount -t ext3 /dev/sda1 /mnt/rd1

sudo mkdir /mnt/rd2

sudo mount -t ext3 /dev/sda2 /mnt/rd2

Now you can delete stuff from /mnt/rd1, just make sure you do the same to /mnt/rd2.

I’m sure there are smarter ways to do this, but I’m learning too.

Just tried this latest version of the My book live update and am sorry to have to report that it is stuck at 90% complete.

Upgrading from 02.41.05.034 to 02.43.03.022.  What do I do to stop the failed upgrade and get back to a working NAS?

For those who are experiencing problems with access Shared folders (Shared Videos, Shared Photos…) - make sure you have the folowing rights on that folder:

rights2.png

rights.png

You can do it using FileZilla. Make sure you have configured the FTP access first.

does this file need to be updated via the web interface or can one ssh into the mybooklive and installed from command line?

thanks for the link

Hello, I upgraded my My Book Live and now I can’t get to it no matter what I try.  Anyone know how to do a hard reset on it?

There is a new update for the My Book Live.  This board is now closed.