New Release - My Book Live Firmware Version 02.32.05-046 (9/26/12)

Really!  Really? 

After 6 months of waiting for the WD2Go relay connection problem to be fixed, I upgraded to 2.35.05-046 and the problem I documented in this thread and which is specifically listed as being fixed in the release notes, still occurs.  

The drive still does not send my external ip address to the www.wd2go.com server when issuing the command to do the port forwarding check so the server returns an error.  The drive interprets this as if the port forwarding has failed and the drive always switches to “relay mode”.  This despite the fact the ports are open.

This is likely because the following error is generated when communicationmanager is run:

“getaddrinfo() error : Name or service not known”

I reported the problem back  in June and I was told it was going to be fixed in the next firmware, which was pulled.  Finally this one comes out which specically lists this problem as being fixed in the release notes, but it’s not fixed. 

Now I’m forced to go back to my work around of using my router (which isn’t currently working since “curl” no longer runs on the latest version TomatoUSB for whatever reason).   I shouldn’t have to work around this bug.

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: