New Release - My Book Live Duo Firmware Version 2.42.02-012 (4/10/13)

Same issue here.  Got my 4TB three days ago, it says:

Description:My Book Live Duo Firmware

Version:MyBookLiveDuo 02.41.05-034 : Core F/W

Last Update:Mon 10 May 2010 02:35:06 PM EDT

Dashboard update says that the firmware is up to date (I guess it hasn’t seen this thread yet?) and there’s no links anywhere to download a firmware image for a manual update.  I’ve tried all the usual troubleshooting steps:  full factory reset, power cycling, network connectivity, etc.  and it still says no new firmware.

Sooo, it looks like the current firmware update has been pulled or at least deactivated?  Maybe a new one is imminent? 

Anybody know?

I was informed by a WD tech support person that the new firmware had an issue so they took it out from their site. He also said the WD engineers are working on a new release but he could not provide any timeframe. 

1 Like

Install all whitout no problem up to the moment the device overheated (I live in the desert). Now it is freeze at 90%, but still I can connect  the device over the dashboard. After cooling down I can again connect to the device an data over Windows Explorer. But still the freeze at 90% and says: Do not unplug while updateding!

What shall I do? :confounded:

Any clues why this version was pulled?

gilson wrote:

I was informed by a WD tech support person that the new firmware had an issue so they took it out from their site. He also said the WD engineers are working on a new release but he could not provide any timeframe. 

HE did not, he just said there was a problem with that release and the WD personal took it off.

I have just noticed that it is back, my device is telling me there is a new firmware version - I wonder if there is any problem with this one so that I can install it - has anyone tried?

I get the Following Answer from WD Support which help me to restart the freezed Update:

"We have received your request. In this case, our best recommendation is resetting the drive. Please keep in mind that resetting does not erase your files. 

Please insert a paperclip or narrow tipped pen into the reset button slot on the back of the unit. Press and hold for ten seconds. Then, the device will reboot.

Please keep in mind that the reboot process may take up to three minutes." 

Thanks WD Support. Now I reload the Update again and it works fine toady.

How to download?

Updated to this last version of the firmware 2.42.02-012, but I can’t still see the covers of the songs (the covers are embeded in the files) in my Pioneer x-hm71-k using the upnp/dlna option (Pioneer x-hm71-k has the DLNA certificate). 

No matter if the files is mp3, aac. Those same files show the cover correctly  if played from an USB pendrive connected to the Pioneer x-hm-71-k, and even from another external HDD with DLNA support (Iomega), so I think is not a Pioneer x-hm71-k problem.