New Release - My Book Live Duo Firmware Version 2.42.02-012 (4/10/13)

My 4TB Raid system crashes repeatedly since the lates 4/10/2013 update. Windows 7 system. Scrolling through files on the MLBD cause it to disconnect after about an hour. Then it starts connecting and reconnecting with every other scroll.

Tried three times to upgrade firmware but failed each time with error message 31105  - Upgrade copy failure.

My Book Duo drive now useless and not working  - any ideas?

Hmm, I wouldn’t think it would brick if you got that error. The upgrade didn’t complete so it should just go back to the old OS partition. Have you tried restarting the box? What color is the LED? Can you SSH in? Do shares show up on your computers? DLNA server show up on any devices? Try taking disk a out and putting disk b in disk a’s slot and booting up with just that drive in the enclosure.

If all else fails, RMA the drive or follow my debrick guide if you are comfortable with the lingo

http://community.wdc.com/t5/My-Book-Live-Duo/GUIDE-Debrick-a-MyBookLive-DUO/td-p/544860

Check out guide 1 and if you are not comfortable, RMA may be your best bet

Just update the firmware on my Live Duo, Does anybody know if its compatiable with Windows Server 2008??

thx

Mitch

I am still on version 02.30.19-28 and was wondering if I can still update from the dashboard or do I have to update one at a time and download it first.

I believe all updates are inclusive all previous versions, so just go ahead and update to the latest! :wink:

Thank you I’ll try but I am afraid.  Sorry it took me so long to answer, but I can never log in.  It always say wrong password.  To get in I keep having to change my password.  Crazy.

When are they going to update UpnP to the newest version?  We need this to remotely access safely?

NEWS RELEASE

UPnP Forum Responds to Recently Identified LibUPnP/MiniUPnP Security Flaw

Beaverton, Ore., USA – 8 February 2013: UPnP Forum – the global standards body that has paved the way for seamless connectivity between more than a billion devices – today responds to concerns over a security flaw identified by Rapid7 in the open source, third party libraries ‘libupnp’ hosted at SourceForge and MiniUPnP hosted at miniupnp.free.fr.

On January 29th, UPnP Forum members received the public news that Rapid7 has identified a security flaw in the open source, 3rd party stacks libupnp and MiniUPnP. Based on Rapid7’s white paper, the flaw is only in the implementation of old versions of libupnp (older than 1.6.18) and MiniUPNP (older than 1.4). The flaws are NOT associated with the UPnP specifications themselves or UPnP Forum’s certification process for UPnP stacks. In addition, the flaws outlined by Rapid 7 show an implementation responding to UPnP protocols on the WAN ports of routers that existing UPnP standards are not designed for. Existing UPnP protocols are only intended for LAN usage that is not forwarded on to the internet.

The UPnP Forum is encouraging all vendors using open source implementations of protocol stacks to ensure they are using the latest releases and are active in ensuring that the security of those stacks is maintained. In the case of the libupnp and MiniUPnP, the UPnP Forum has posted a message to its website to help consumers and vendors identify the problem in this third party software. Please note that other issues have been identified in the latest version of MiniUPnP, 1.4, but they won’t be publicly disclosed until the library’s developer releases a patch to address them, so we advise caution on any further usage of this stack until such time. We are also looking into test tool enhancements that can identify implementations coming for certification that continue to use this flawed older versions of UPnP stacks. Numerous other closed and open source stacks exist in the UPnP ecosystem to use as alternatives if you have remaining concerns over libupnp or MiniUPNP.

For gateway vendors both affected and unaffected by this identified flaw, the UPnP Forum continues to advise that vendors implement the latest version of the Internet Gateway Device (v2) rather than the V1 that is deployed today. Along with our Device Protection standard, this specification provides numerous enhancements for security as well as necessary enhancements like the growing deployment of IPv6.

For further information about UPnP Forum please go to www.upnp.org. For general questions, please e-mail upnpfeedback@forum.upnp.org.

I have just updated to this latest firmware, everything working OK from my PC running Windows XP pro, from my wife’s Mac and on my iPad from WD 2go.

BUT I cannot access MyBookLIveDuo from my iPad from Webdav app or from any of Apple apps ie “copy to WebDAV” in Numbers or Pages, it now tells me using the same server address and usernames and passwords (same as before the firmware upgrade) that “Incorrect username or password”. Everything work OK before this upgrade.

Anybody having the same issue or have any hint or ideas?

I just updated the firmware this morning. Since then, all responses from the device take an unusably long time.

The initial browse to http://ipadress

takes well over a minutes.

Entering my password, or  subsequent clicks on a menu item takes well over a minute for each response. This did not happen this morning before the update or any other time I have used the device in the past 6 months.

-= Bruce D. Meyer

Shortly after I wrote this initial question, the device started running normally again. it was almost as a process was running that was pegging out all resources for several hours.

-= Bruce

After updating with the new firmware my backup fails: I’m using the Live Duo as a backup destination of my notebooks. Since the firmware upgrade all backups fail after ca. 20 minutes with:

29-May-2013 10:09:35 sbfile 109 probing the target media for > 4GB files support
29-May-2013 10:18:39 sbvol 503 Fatal I/O error on \?\STC_SnapShot_Volume_21_0 offset 2e8266600 on read (-31 Ein an das System angeschlossenes Gerät funktioniert nicht.)
29-May-2013 10:18:39 sbvol 109 fini done

Studying the Duo log files show, that there is a process called mediacrawler running - and its log shows, that it accesses the backup directory exactly at the time (the difference of seconds is caused by different clocks) the backup failes:

May 29 10:18:47 Nas…001 mediacrawler: Rate of inotify event 0
May 29 10:18:47 Nas…001 mediacrawler: Going to walk /shares/BackupProf/… in handleChangeFolder and found is 0
May 29 10:18:47 Nas…001 mediacrawler: For folder /shares/BackupProf/…
May 29 10:18:47 Nas…001 mediacrawler: Add file count = 0, Delete file count = 1
May 29 10:18:47 Nas…001 mediacrawler: Add folder count = 0, Delete folder count = 0
May 29 10:18:47 Nas…001 mediacrawler: Finished walk. Walk started at /shares/BackupProf/…
May 29 10:18:47 Nas…001 mediacrawler: Total folders/files (re)indexed: 1/96
May 29 10:18:47 Nas…001 mediacrawler: The time taken: 0
May 29 10:18:47 Nas…001 mediacrawler: Actively watching 805 folders
May 29 10:18:47 Nas…001 mediacrawler: Handled 1 events in 0 seconds
May 29 10:18:47 Nas…001 mediacrawler: ======

So I would think, that the firmware update is the cause for these problems (there are more logs to see the relation: the version.log of the duo - and my backup logs)

If anyone has an idea how to stop this mediacrawler or doing something else to protect my backup files, please answer…

Thanks in advance

Uwe

P.S.: I’ve already read that there is no way back to the previous firmware… :frowning:

Why do you have the DLNA server running on your backup share?  Does turning it off fix it?

Sorry for late answering, I assumed I would get an email if there is an answer…

DLNA was activated 'cause we have a media pc in our network. But, it’s not necessary, so I turned it off (today at 12:15 a.m. - during the backup run…)

Now at 10 a.m. the next try of the backup process has startet. And again it failes after 18 minutes with:

smb://\192.168…\BackupProf.…\C_VOL-b076.spf
04-Jun-2013 10:06:43 sptask 101 Antwort wurde als Unicode gesendet
04-Jun-2013 10:06:43 sbfile 101 successfully opened file smb://\192.168…\BackupProf.…\C_VOL-b076.spf
04-Jun-2013 10:11:12 sbfile 109 probing the target media for > 4GB files support
04-Jun-2013 10:18:50 sbvol 503 Fatal I/O error on \?\STC_SnapShot_Volume_21_0 offset 2e8222600 on read (-31 Ein an das System angeschlossenes Gerät funktioniert nicht.)
04-Jun-2013 10:18:50 sbcrypt 500 Unexpected end of the image file
04-Jun-2013 10:18:50 sbvol 109 fini done

And now there is no mediacrawler.log (i.e.: there is one with a size of zero). The other logs doesn’t show any important events at this time - so it can be possible, that this bad unit is not the NAS… and the mediacrawler was active AFTER the crash. If you have any idea, please mail me - I’m now starting to check my local harddisk… (On the other hand: this error started after my firmware update on May 26th… and since then I don’t have a valid backup)

tia

Are you connecting your laptop to your wired network, or trying to backup over WiFi?

If you’re using WiFi, have you tried it using a Wired connection?

I’m always use connections via (wired) GBit-LAN, for the notebook as well as for the NAS device.

Since the update, I can no longer access my drive from my Samsung laptop through the wired network.

Clicking on the mapped drive results in a “Network Error” window popping up. It states that “Windows cannot access \MovieHaven” (that’s the name of my drive) …"Check the spelling of the name. Otherwise, there might be a problem with your network. To try to identify and resolve netwrok problems, click Diagnose. error code: 0x80070035

Obviously i’ve tried to diagnose, but to no avail. I’ve also checked all physical connections and disconnected/reconnected all devices. There seems to be no obvious reason this should occur all of a sudden which leads me to believe it may have something to do with the update.

I have not changed any settings whatsoever, since or just prior to the update. I have several other devices working both wired and wirelessly including a WDTV Live media player (wired), 2 Acer laptops (wired), A Galaxy Tab2 and two Galaxy S2 phones (wireless).

If anybody knows of a solution or has been experiencing similar issues, please let me know. Otherwise I shall report back if it starts working again.

I have resolved my issue by power-cycling. Sometimes the solution is the most obvious one. But hopefully anybody having a similar issue in the future can resolve it quicker now after reading this. For anybody who is unsure, power-cycling is simply resetting (or in this case, unplugging then plugging back in after a couple of minutes) your drive.

Why can’t I upgrade my WD My Book Live Duo to the new firmware?  I am currently showing:

MyBookLiveDuo 02.41.05-034 : Core F/W.

Is there a link to the firmware to download it?

I have the same thing here. I could not find the link to download the firware and update it manually either.