New Release - Firmware Version 3.07.14 for WD TV Live Hub (9/6/12)

Hey guys

I’ve held off from upgrading the firmware a while, a couple of versions as it was stable. Now I’m on the latest firmware, I’ve noticed that the WDTV Live Hub now doesn’t save the resolution. I tried reseting to various 1080p resolutions, but it keeps defaulting to 720p @50hz every time I switch it off, or it resumes after leaving it for a while.

Anyone experiencing this? Check your resolution when you turn it on.

The very first WD boot screen you see, when booting from a cold boot, will be at 720. By the time it gets to the 2nd WD logo screen it should match your settings.

From standby it shouldn’t change at all. It should come on at what you have it set to.

So…the point at which you make your check is important. Wait for it to be fully booted. Just sayin’…

I just bought the Live Hub and am having trouble with the firmware update.  It first updated to an earlier version (2.08.13) and reset itself.  It says again that firmware update is available for this recent release, but tells me the download fails.  It gets to 100%, pauses, then says update failed due to incomplete download and try checking connection (which is working fine).

I should note this message appeared twice while doing the first update to 2.08.13, but that ended up working.

Also, what is this “Black Mamba” thing and where can I find it?? (JK, inappropriate)

lations:  Try doing the upgrade via USB instead of network.

I just bought a new WDTV Live Hub and tried a firmware upgrade using a USB flash drive. Unit has been hanging at the update screen for more than 12 hours with 0% progress. Please tell me I can fix this?

I too was experiencing slow navigation through my usb hard drive( 2TB wd mybook). I thought it was surely the firmware. A couple nights ago I decided to clear my media library in options and then of course it automatically rescanned. Seems that navigating those files ( and playing) seems much faster. Now if Netflix would just work every time or play more than one video without need g to close the application and try again. Anyone had any luck with this?

Due to the release of the latest firmware 3.08.14, I am closing this thread.