New Release - Firmware Version 3.07.14 for WD TV Live Hub (9/6/12)

WD is happy to announce our latest firmware update for the WD TV Live Hub Media Player.

If you experience any issues with this firmware, please report them in the WD TV Live Hub Issue Reporting exchange.

Feel free to post your questions or experiences in this thread.

1 Like

Updated easy peasy… 

Seems to run just as well as it ever did… The list of fixes don’t really impact anything I do anyway…

Many strange things happening when playing videos.  I am using custom ‘video_run’, but the new firmware seems to be using the default  mochi version.  Also when you press the option menu during video playback the video pauses; with the previous firmware video would continue playing and the option menu displays on top.  Please give information immediately on how to fix these issues, because a lot of work was put into making custom interfaces based on  your previous format definition.

ipsosReid wrote:

Many strange things happening when playing videos.  I am using custom ‘video_run’, but the new firmware seems to be using the default  mochi version.  Also when you press the option menu during video playback the video pauses; with the previous firmware video would continue playing and the option menu displays on top.  Please give information immediately on how to fix these issues, because a lot of work was put into making custom interfaces based on  your previous format definition.

Themes have ALWAYS been firmware-dependent.

@Tonyph12345

All I am asking for is what to name my ‘video_run’ file to make it compatible with the new firmware.  This firmware had some fixes that is important (network issues …), so I have to update to this firmware.  If you know the name of the new ‘video_run’ file please let me know, otherwise please don’t say a word.

Update went fast and smoothly. Everything appears to be working fine using Black Mamba, and the refresh rate in gallery mode seems to be a bit faster but that may just be psychological as I have no real proof. Thing that impressed me the most was that my media library did not rescan 8TB of video after reboot and just went on as it usualy does.

15 minutes in and all is well

Good Luck to All

-P

@ Pearl

it is not fine with my theme, someone had the amazing idea to rename the video player page file into something else, which means it will show the mochi player, there are about 7 other things I have found but they are fixable with the next update.

DeVicious, could you post the changes here or in a chanelog for other themers to use?

I can confirm that clicking the options button is pausing the video, this is good luck adjusting the “lip sync” delay in pause mode :smileyvery-happy: 

deleted a lenghty rant because it leads to nothing.
I’ll just move on from this device, people at the management level obviously sleep their way up instead of having a clue.

Thanx to the awesome mods on this board, they are good people, fast and insightful

You are leaving this board and buying another brand of mediaplayer???

Edit: yes you are, I read your other postings. WD, fix this problem, we need this user here!

Rage-quitting a web forum… my, how 1995…

@ClintonHammond

Designing Theme’s for WD Devices consumes many hours / days / weeks / months of graphics design and xml coding.

WD to changed something that wasnt broken (video playback) and thus rendered all thier time and effort null and void.

it’s enough to make a person angry and want to tear their hair out …  :wink:

1 Like

Is anybody surprised at the change? I could not really care less about “Themes” but a change like this seems par for WDs course to me…

Who’d do that much work, for free, on a system as unstable, as changeable, as the WD Hub?

I don’t get it… YMMV

Is anybody surprised at the change?

Yes, plenty of people … Read the latest forum posts

I could not really care less about “Themes”
That’s fine … “To each its own”

but understand a lot of people do, and are disappointed and disillusioned that WD are slowly stifling user content.

But a change like this seems par for WDs course to me…
Would love to hear an explanation at how you arrived at this conclusion ? 

Who’d do that much work, for free, on a system as unstable, as changeable, as the WD Hub?

Because we like be creative and providing an alternative User Interface for our Media Player.
And we are generous in sharing our creations for the usage of the entire community.

However, if you’ve never spent the time creating a Theme (aka Skin) then you wouldn’t understand

the motivation / technical challenges / graphic design and personal satisfaction that comes from doing it.

1 Like

ClintonHammond wrote:
Is anybody surprised at the change? I could not really care less about “Themes” but a change like this seems par for WDs course to me…

I don’t get it… YMMV

you are right, why would people do something nice for a community and why would WD not rip it apart deliberately for no reason. You are entitled to your own opinion and I let you have it, let me have mine because the point here is that there was no functionality problem for the things they broke, they just broke them and history repeats itself and not only is this disrespectful to those who created workarounds for their mistakes (that have not been fixed for 2 years) it is also disrespectful for those who have chosen to use a theme. In my case more than 1500 people. All of them are now forced to roll back or being force fed the standard theme, in both cases the customer loses. Up to you to make sense of this scenario and the outrage that comes with it.

Version 3.07.14:
Resolved Issues:
• Supports YuppTV.
• Supports Geo Location reset location feature.
• Resolved several My Media Library issues with NAS storage devices.
• Resolved Samba issue high bitrate .M2TS videos stutter when switching audio stream.
• Resolved remote buttons A, B, C, and D do not work in SlingPlayer.
• Resolved YouTube Leanback login credentials not saved after reboot or restarting.
• Resolved network share issue with master browser.
General Info:
• Note: Enable Linux Share settings are off by default.
• Note: YouTube Leanback will require login after firmware upgrade.
• Note: SlingPlayer will require login after firmware upgrade.

when i saw this changelog last night, i decided not to upgrade straight away as there was nothing in it that i needed or want.

and they should have included another section after General Info, something like…

[Deleted]:

Moved/Rename some xml files for themes… not tell you want, find out yourself.

Feature: Option Button now Pauses.

Misc other changes…

1 Like

@richUK

Thanks for regurgitating the “Official Changelog” which has nothing to do with what we are discussing.

@Kazgor

Just a little “Rewording”

[Deleted]:
* Moved & Renamed some Xml files for Themes… (not telling, find out yourself)
* Feature: Option Button now Pauses Video… (you didnt request it, but we did it anyways)
* Misc other changes… (we’ve most probably changed other things you didnt want, but we will let you discover them to your horror on your own)

1 Like

“Up to you to make sense of this scenario”
The “sense” that I make of this (And of WD in general) is that they do not wish to be an “open” sort of platform… They seem instead to follow a sort of iApproach… in that “you will do things our way or you will not do them at all”. One only need look as far as the Issue Reporting forum, at the number of unanswered, or unresolved threads to see that.  

And you’re right… I suspect that is costing them customers… 

It is my guess (and I freely admit that it is likely a wild, baseless guess) that they are making more $ off of Service Fees and such so that content providers can avail themselves of access to the WD Hub than they are off actual SALES of the Hub itself…  Nobody I know has one… Nobody I know even knows they exist until they hear about the WD Hub from me.  

None of this however is new behavior from WD… So I can understand your frustration… but I have to ask, in all honesty, are you really surprised?  

Maybe I’ll fire up my WD Hub and play darts…  LOL!!!  

This latest firmware hasn’t broken anything I use the hub for… nor has it fixed any of the issues I’d like to see fixed… 

YMMV  

:smileyvery-happy: Hey Guys!

I guess this list of [Deleted] could go on and on…on and on…on and on…on and on…on and on…on and on…on and on…on and on…on and on…on and on…

Well done WD! True to form as always.