New Release - Firmware Version 3.07.14 for WD TV Live Hub (9/6/12)

JoeySmyth wrote:

@richUK

Thanks for regurgitating the “Official Changelog” which has nothing to do with what we are discussing.

Excuse me this is not ‘your’ thread, its a general thread for the update and some people who come here don’t know the official update info because they download via their player. I sympathize with your problem but don’t have a go at me.

I see that most people are right that the Hub’s new FW “Pauses” when you press “Options” on the remote, but I went further, and am confirming that choosing the Audio Sync option resumes play and allows to sync up. I assume, that the pause has a few things in mind, as in, first being, you don’t miss your show while the options overlay screen is on the screen. And two, allows for a starting point to begin audio syncing with, instead of however milliseconds the movie plays inbetween when choosing to do so and actually doing so. But that’s a guess at best.

I also note that there is a “Play mode” now available, is this a new feature for video files? I only saw it for music before. And am just now seeing a new option for “Device Sleep Timer”

I can confirm that the “Now playing” section of a playing video has been broken. For the Alaska Resurface (mostly) and the Darklight beta v3 (somewhat) and the original Mocchi, Legacy, anodized etc show (as they should).

@ Clinton…

yes i agree with you on that and yes I am surprised someone would rename and existing structure that works fine.

We have already payed for the device we are now dead mass while selling licenses to F-Class services still makes money. Having said that, Karma is a system that works since ever and will work forever, the device will not live forever (it has no escape for heat) and when it comes to that they will pay the real price.

Where can I find the FW rollback? I liked the Alaska Resurface theme interface and want it functional again. Even if it is a beta.

Nevermind, found it here: http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5860/

@richUK

Fair point, but I do think you post stuff just for the sake of posting, i.e.- stating the obvious so that your POST COUNT is ‘up there’ !

ArchitectironicUK 

DigitalNegative wrote:

I see that most people are right that the Hub’s new FW “Pauses” when you press “Options” on the remote, but I went further, and am confirming that choosing the Audio Sync option resumes play and allows to sync up. I assume, that the pause has a few things in mind, as in, first being, you don’t miss your show while the options overlay screen is on the screen. And two, allows for a starting point to begin audio syncing with, instead of however milliseconds the movie plays inbetween when choosing to do so and actually doing so. But that’s a guess at best.

I also note that there is a “Play mode” now available, is this a new feature for video files? I only saw it for music before. And am just now seeing a new option for “Device Sleep Timer”

i dont tend to use the Options that often so before the upgrade, i just tried it on 3.06 and the overlay appears with the video still playing underneath and then you can select sync which goes back to video with the sync < > to make adjustments.

so in away i can understand pausing the video whilst the option screen is up.   Also the PLAY MODE is there in 3.06.

so if the above is the case im not that bother by this change… however more should be done to make life for themers easier not scew them up when they produce so stunning looking themes and make people go wow when they come round and see the WD Box. anways!!

architectonic wrote:

@richUK

Fair point, but I do think you post stuff just for the sake of posting, i.e.- stating the obvious so that your POST COUNT is ‘up there’ !

ArchitectironicUK 

So you have read all my posts have you? Gosh another one to add to my total as if I cared!!

I am totally uninterested in post count or KUDOS. I post what I know some users are interested in. You ask for KUDOS and get 41 for basically a couple of posts on themes, I get 175 for general help without asking - but who’s counting, certainly not me!

As I said don’t take it out on me because WD have done what they do best and crippled the themes. I would assume that now is not the time to alienate other users.

@richUK

:smileyvery-happy: LMFAO

I never even mentioned kudos points, but since you have raised it then lets have a closer look.

Lets do some maths-

RichUK posts a total of 4,457 ‘helpful’ posts whereby richUK proudly brings to our attention that he has recieved a total of 175 kudos points (not that he is interested!!), which therefore equates to a ratio of 25.468 posts  per 1 kudos point granted. Which to summarize means that you have made 24.468 of [Deleted] posts before someone has actually thought- hmmmm ‘YES thanks richUK, the information you shared was actually very useful and helpful!’

Architectonic posts a GRAND total of 328 posts whereby richUK interestingly brings to MY attention that I have recieved a total of 41 kudos points (not that I’m interested!!), which therefore equates to a ratio of 8 posts per 1 kudos point granted. Hmmmm

LESS IS MORE, springs to mind. :wink:

NOT That I’m Interested…

PS… I’m not ‘taking anything out on you’ richUK_,_ _just having some banter…_but my point remains unless you would like to correct me? :stuck_out_tongue:

UnSubscribe!

What a skite storm!

C’mon folks – tempers are flaring – Let’s take our anger out on bugs and issues instead of each other. :wink:

2 Likes

Just for your guys information I am using Tinwarbes Mojo and everything seems to function fine with this theme after the update. I see no performance gains nor subtractions. It is unfortunate that I have followed many of the loyal themers posts over the past year and a half and to watch them stick up for WD in alot of ways not good to throw wrenches into their work. Hopefully it will be corrected in the very near future

1 Like

architectonic wrote:

@richUK

:smileyvery-happy: LMFAO

I never even mentioned kudos points, but since you have raised it then lets have a closer look.

Lets do some maths-

RichUK posts a total of 4,457 ‘helpful’ posts whereby richUK proudly brings to our attention that he has recieved a total of 175 kudos points (not that he is interested!!), which therefore equates to a ratio of 25.468 posts  per 1 kudos point granted. Which to summarize means that you have made 24.468 of [Deleted] posts before someone has actually thought- hmmmm ‘YES thanks richUK, the information you shared was actually very useful and helpful!’

Architectonic posts a GRAND total of 328 posts whereby richUK interestingly brings to MY attention that I have recieved a total of 41 kudos points (not that I’m interested!!), which therefore equates to a ratio of 8 posts per 1 kudos point granted. Hmmmm

LESS IS MORE, springs to mind. :wink:

NOT That I’m Interested…

PS… I’m not ‘taking anything out on you’ richUK_,_ _just having some banter…_but my point remains unless you would like to correct me? :stuck_out_tongue:

You seem intent on starting a flame war don’t you. Over what I may ask?  You say I made a fair point and then you go out of your way to criticise me and accuse me of posting only to up my post count, even though I explained why I posted the release notes. What difference does it make to you what my post count is? I may just have more spare time then you or be more interested in helping other users, even if I sometimes post what you consider the obvious.

Can I suggest that you do your thing and I do mine. Live and let live. :smiley: 

2 Likes

I just thought I’d say I upgraded my firmware with no issues known so far. I use it with the Darklight theme and it’s working fine. It did have a long pause after installing the firmware where nothing was responsive, but I left it alone and watched TV for a bit and came back and it was fine. Maybe it was waiting to reboot again, as it does sometimes after firmware.

The menu seems a little slower, but I only used it once right after firmware installed, so maybe it’s faster now. I have someone out in the living room using it now.

After update firmware v. 3.07.14 for WD TV Live Hub , I can not  turn off audio for karaoke. I want come back ver. 3.06 but it  is too late. Somebody help me! Thanks

It’s Not too late… you can RollBack to the previous Firmware.   (you need a flash/thumb drive though)

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5860/~/how-to-roll-back-the-firmware-on-a-wd-tv-live-hub-media-center-or-wd-tv-live

WD live HUB Firmware 3.07.14

Hi,

I have updated the latest FW for the WD Live HUB device and i got the YuppTV application.

But after i selecting this application i am not getting anything on the TV screen (its blank).

Any suggestion ??

Thanks

I take back what I said earlier… the part where you press OK and you can jump to a time position is indeed gone! That [Deleted]! Is there still a way to jump to a specific part in a movie by entering the time?

Also, I mentioned I’m using it with Darklight theme… doesn’t totally work… so far the bottom bar when you play a video is kind of cut off. But whatever, it does work.

1 Like

With the 3.07.14 upgrade, I find it takes even longer to start M4V type videos and I’m NO LONGER able to play MP4 videos which I could play fine with the 3.06.14.

I  have many MP4 videos, so I will need to roll-back to the previous version.

Personnally, I find your firmwares are getting worse and worse.

The system is becoming slower. I might roll back to the last 2.X release… (I’m not into web services, just playing content, and that portion is unfortunately becoming slower).

I can not reboot my player

yuppicide wrote:

I take back what I said earlier… the part where you press OK and you can jump to a time position is indeed gone! That **bleep**! Is there still a way to jump to a specific part in a movie by entering the time?

… by using the SEARCH button on your remote.

1 Like