New Release - Firmware Version 3.06.14 for WD TV Live Hub (7/26/12)

"5. Select the firmware upgrade icon, and press ENTER. 

The icon was never presented to me. The only way the upgrade icon is ever presented to me is when I choose to auto-check for upgrades from the internet…"

You are correct, if you do not have the hub set to auto-check, it will not just pop-up. You can change it to auto-detect, and the hub will use the files on the flash drive for the update.

… the manual check does NOT check USB devices – it only checks the internet server.

“… the manual check does NOT check USB devices – it only checks the internet server.”

Noted & edited… thx

joleg74 wrote:

The steps on the page don’t make much sense…

4. Press HOME, and then select the Settings bar.

How do you select the settings bar? 

1. Select the firmware upgrade icon, and press ENTER.

The icon was never presented to me. The only way the upgrade icon is ever presented to me is when I choose to auto-check for upgrades from the internet…

Basically, I could not follow the steps presented on  WD TV Live Hub Product Update to completion.

However, after many days where I was getting an error saying it there was an error with the download after reaching 100%, I managed to download AND upgrade today. So the problem with manual update is no longer relevant.

Cheers!

joce.

I assume that you also foliowed steps 1 to 3 on that page.

Upgraded to this firmware version as soon as it came out. It messed up my Netflix. Now when I start watching a title, it stops like after 3-5 mins with an error “Can’t play this title at this time. Try later” or whatever… It’s irritating but I’ll try to roll back to the previous version which had worked fine. 

Ben:  That’s probably a temporary NetFlix or network issue somewhere on the internet.

Hi All,

Last night i updated to the latest firmware 3.06.14 and all movies started freezing, audio disappeared and its impossible to use the hub. I connected the hub with cable to internet and am not sure if this migth cause sth… I played movies from internal HDD and they still freezed and lagged.

The problem with compiling the media library still occures and im wandering if the player was a worthy deal recently as this main feature for reading and compiling a library is a foundamental disadvantage, having in mind that you can plug a 3 TB external hdd and use it as data storage.

I am wandering why the guys from WD dont spent some time, weeks maybe to enhance the firmware and resolve this issue and regain the popularity and fame once again. It not good to relase firmwares that often and after them to pop up new issues… i guess…

Georgi

I have never upgraded the firmware since I purchased my Live Hub in January 2012.

Do I need to upgrade past updates in order or can I immediately go to 3.06.14?

Thx

ng

I think if you select the latest update, it will do any pre updates for you, if reqd.

I am sure that’s what happened to me a while back.

Due to the release of our newest update this thread is now closed.

1 Like