New Release - Firmware Version 2.31.08 for the My Book Live Duo (5/30/12)

Storm thanx for ur reply… i tried all of the tricks… still nothing works… So i just reboot my hard disk whenever i dont wanna switch on my laptop :cry:

cannot install the update. HELP.

Peter, please advise how this is done.

I am having the same problem.

Thank you.

I’m also getting the 31105 and 31118 errors while trying to update the firmware from the dashboard, from both firefox and opera.

So what are these files that need permissions changed? 

I get the same issue whether using Firefox, Chrome, or Safari - all latest versions of each browser.

I figured out how to enable SSH, but do not know how to properly enter in commands to see what files are getting stuck, and don’t know how to identify or change permissions.

Hello Anthi,

without knowing what specific files are read-only (so cannot be overwritten) or non-executable, there is no help possible. Look around using ssh-commands, e.g. “ls -a”, like I did. I’m no SSH-expert, either, Only user who _only_ wanted to use dlna-features ,-(

It was more done unavoidably. And therefore I cannot be a competent advisor, whilst WD is unable to provide a running system. Very sad to say!

B.R.

Peter

DLNA - not working after update. :cry:

These are the unresolved problem since the firmware 2.30.19:

1. Unsupported file format (some but not all mkv files) playing on WD TV Live Hub, from the media server (WD My Book live Duo 6tb)

2 Missing or not listed video files; viewing thru pc all files were accessible and playable but not on WD TV Live hub, tried transferring the files on the local storage of the WD TV Live Hub and everything works fine…

Had the developers run the testing on video files before releasing the new firmware, tried the other option, rebuilding the database but to no avail. rescan does not give an updated list, it keeps the old number of files, tried another rebuild and my files for streaming decrease in numbers…

I hope the WD system dev will come up with a good solution for these problems the soonest…

Anyone, any idea to fixed the problem?

I have successfully updated MBL DUO 4GB without issues, using dashboard in IE9. I’ll test DLNA and Media Library later (i left MBL rebuilding media library).

After disable/enable DLNA, it’s working again!

Until now everything is working normally (ftp, shares, dlna, media library).

I have noticed that it’s TOO slow to change some settings, like enable/disable ntp, it takes MINUTES to do this.

Tried the firmware update today from IE9 and it worked !!

Have got my transformer prime to see the MBLD and streamed somgs from it… happy now. Thank you… although some more testing should have been done on firmware updating… 

The  DLNA Serving problemdiscussued in the other thread  not appear to have been solved by the latest Firmware Release

Can WD please give further feedback into what they are doing to fix this DLNA serving problem?   Reading the other thread shows how frustrating this has been for many users over quite a long period of time

When I did the update he Dashboard threw an error and lt looked like the MBLD was stuck because the LED was white, but the update process WAS running!  It’s possible you may be experiencing a similar issue.

Solution was to leave the MBLD alone for about 15 minutes.

FrankRizos wrote:

I’m also getting the 31105 and 31118 errors while trying to update the firmware from the dashboard, from both firefox and opera.

So what are these files that need permissions changed? 

Finally, I managed to upgrade the Firmware manually on my Mybook Live Duo. 

How I did it? I used the newest version of google chrome (“Chrome 21”) - after lots of attempts using Safari, Firefox and older versions of chrome, it suddenly worked. 

Hi

Still Having problems with the DLNA server.

Is there an update coming?

My Server DLNA is not working anymore! and My Mac osx Lion is very slow to find files and pictures!

Please fix this bugs!!

Storm3d, did you ever find a solution to your problem where your MBLD will show up n your laptop and in wd2go but not on your ps3? I have a Samsung tv and it is doing the exact same thing your ps3 is doing. I am totally stuck, any info would be greatly appreciated.

@Daltondf

No, this seems to be a widespread issue and me like many others are awaiting another firmware update (supposed to arrive late October). 

Though I did have some luck with changing file names to exclude spaces, hyphens and all other non alpha-numeric characters.  Problem is when you have so many files you tend to use naming conventions that use all chars because its convenient.  As I have 10’s of thousands of files with this issue I did not test them all.  Of those I did try (around 500 movie files), I placed only these onto the server and things looked good and the device was being detected by all dlna devices on my network.  However now that the other files (without the adjusted names) have been added the server I am back to where I was before.  I am not going to change any more of my file names because that causes issues elsewhere so dlna will have to take a back seat until an official fix. 

Suffice to say that if I find myself in the market for another server in the near future I won’t be looking at WD products.

I just connected my New Live Duo up this afternoon, did all the Install steps, but it will not see my internet connection.  I can see it from the PC just fine, controls work ok, but I am unable to connect to the Internet to get Firmware Updates.  I went to the WD website and tried to do a manual download and update, but they say Manual Updates are not supported for my Live Duo.  

I’m going to call it a day, Im frustrated and tired of it.