WD My Book Live Duo (4TB): DLNA issues

Just wanted to throw my hat in the ring / share my frustration on this one, even with the new firmware, the xbox 360 isn’t working (three of them in the house, not a single one works), oddly, the device was visible to begin with, however there was an error message along the lines of ‘blocked by firewall’ that prevented anything actually streaming.  Now it doesn’t even appear in the list of available sources.

I’m also having no joy with my Panasonic P50GT30B, which intermittently recognises that the device is on the network, however, this also doesn’t work since selecting the device just seems to time out, with ‘connection to the server failed’ popping up after a few minutes.

I don’t believe the home network is to blame, as I previously had a WD 1tb drive, which was then upgraded to a 2tb when I ran out of space (think the may have been mybook worlds) and they worked absolutely flawlessly.  I wanted added safety of raid and the additional space offered by the 6tb, but so far, all I have is an annoying flashing LED on my TV cabinet and a box full of music / videos which won’t play on anything.  Even more annoyingly, I gave my old drives to a friend, so I now have the awkward task of trying to ask for them back…

Has there been any word on further firmware updates following the latest batch?  Given the stellar performance of the WD products I’ve owned in the past, to say I’m disappointed with this latest effort would be a massive understatement, feel like I’ve had given over money for a product that is not fit for purpose.  Really hope that there’s new firmware in the pipeline to correct this so that I can get back the same functionality I had with the older, smaller drives…

Tom

1 Like