New Release - Firmware Version 2.07.17 for WD TV Live Hub (8/2/11)

Hi

I install the new release and I discovered that Arabic Language has been added :smileyvery-happy:

The Arabic Version was very good and professional.

I would like to thank all Participants in this development.

Yes. I am having the same issue and I cannot figure out why. This release is nearly the entire reason i went with the Hub! Frustrating! When clicking the icon to launch Hulu Plus the screen simply goes blank. I’ve restarted like 4 times. Any help on this?

I’m having major issues with the new Firmware update. Tried it through the wireless first and when it was completed it said it didn’t complete properly. I then tried to update it with a USB thumb drive and that didn’t work. Even tried hooking it up hard line to router and that didn’t work. Now everytime I turn it on it seems to be stuck in a loop trying to install firmware update 2/2 then reboot and try’s again. I can not get to home screen or get it to recognize the older version of the firmware. Any suggestions ??

It happens to me too. I did it manually, downloading the new firmware and using a pendrive

Reporting that the update is useless is a little strong.  I think many users will enjoy the addition of Hulu Plus and many of the fixes.  I have been very happy with this product.  After many years, I don’t have to have an HTPC in my media room!  This WDC small-form factor is perfect for any living room.  And it’ll play almost any video or music file–home-grown or commercial grade.

No it’s not just you, the home screen options order has changed - is this a feature or a bug? If it’s a bug it’s a pretty obvious one :wink:

Well, it’s not a BUG, because nothin’ broke, except for perhaps your memory of which buttons to press how many times might need to change… :slight_smile:  

Hi there, I had similar experience but manage to get the new version installed. At least I have no error messages when rebooting and current firmware indication comes up correctly, but…

yes, now i cannot connect from my computer (pc/windows xp) anymore!

when wd discovery is launched it finds the wd tv live hub and creates shortcut but when clicking on it, it gives error message that it cannot be reached or connected, or may not have permission to access.

I can connect it via http protocol and can make changes through that.

Please let me know what I need to do,

Best

CH

Nope, I have it as well and still is rebooting after stopping a video_ts file…

People seem to be falling into two camps on this update. Either “It broke X and or Y and or Z” or “WD is teh awesomesauce I lerb them. Facebook rocks and so does Hulu, even if they aren’t really working right at the moment.”

Whatever the case I think we can call this one a dud. Hey, WD… Testing patches in the production user base is not a good idea.  

Love always,

• Fundamentals of software development

Seriously… This device deserves better. This patch has seriously weakend my faith in the product, all future patches, and my confidence in recommending the device to friends. I used to tout it as the solution to pretty much all things **bleep**. Now I approach the subject with a bit more caution. My buddy had just bought one and updated before I could catch him. Now he wishes he hadn’t bought it at all.

:frowning:

Tony, at my age it doesn’t take much to confuse me :wink: Maybe I missed the option to change the order to right to left. Let’s just agree that this a summer “Make over” for the GUI :smileyvery-happy:

I did the upgrade. It rebooted and then did step 2 which took maybe 10 minutes. And then it rebooted and it said it was compiling. The screen had noise lines in it. The screen went away then came back and then it went back and stayed that way. The light was on but there was nothing on the screen. After a while I unplugged it and then turned it back on. Still nothing. Was it compiling? I was in the process of trying to hook it up with video cables to see if it worked that way and then all of the sudden it came up normal. So far it seems ok. For future reference, how long should you wait to make sure it isn’t doing anything - to make sure it’s not still upgrading or compling?

The light was on on the front of the unit but I couldn’t see anything on the screen, The light was steady. Not blinking. I’m fairly certain the upgrade completed because it rebooted after step 2 and then it said it was compling.

To clarify…I’m wondering how I know that the upgrade is complete and I can try to shut it off and turn it back on in case it’s stuck or something. I wasn’t sure if it was still doing something or not…but it seems to be taking a long time with nothing on the screen and the light not blinking on the unit or anything.

Thanks.

I got this problems:

• incomplete 2/2 upgrade phase (manual USB attempt failed)
  • win 7 Pc now cant see the device and connected Hd

What to do ?
Have to’ downgrade ?

This upgrade is a disaster !

I installed the update (wired), it took longer than normal, but I have not encountered any functional issues yet. Kinda strange that every time there is a firmware update, some people have issues and some don’t Guess I’m lucky this time

Giampy67 wrote:
I got this problems:

• incomplete 2/2 upgrade phase (manual USB attempt failed)
  • win 7 Pc now cant see the device and connected Hd

What to do ?
Have to’ downgrade ?

This upgrade is a disaster !

http://community.wdc.com/t5/Firmware/HOW-TO-Hub-failed-upgrade-didn-t-install-Phase-2-of-2/m-p/233316/message-uid/233316#U233316

1 Like

Facebook = for the AIRheads!

Yup, BILLIONS hate facebook!

Hallo, 

Needed to rollback onto 2.05.08. After a while my WD TV LIVE HUB

isn’t longer able to recognise about 100 movies (before it were 174, now 74). 

The first ones aren’t shown anymore in the movie-overview (all those who startet with

letters A to S).

I had those problems with the previous version aswell (2.06.10), so it hasn’t been

solved sofar. 

Does anybody know, what I could do? I hope you can help me.

Best regands

Solved with Tony method ! Thanks !

I needed too update the version file to 3.07.17 and try the update again from a usb drive. Nothing  was working before that and I’ve been trying to update my device since 20 hours. I almost lost my device to this update which clearly is a mess.

Enter on picasu when that clicking on what photo so su hub  restarting doesn’t know what about it thank you.