New Release - Firmware Version 1.11.14 for WD TV Live Streaming Media Player (9/6/12)

DITTO

I am having the same problem.

Dutchuser that was great advice! Thanks! I am looking for the previous firmware with no luck. The only one I see available is many versions behind. Is there a location that stores them all? Again, much oblidged for your time to respond.

PS to all else who are experiencing this issue: I have submitted a ticket with WD Support. Whatever their response I will be posting the results here. I have been advised they reply within 24 during biz hours, provided standard volume of issues. Until then, MindSprings

I just rolled back to the previous version since my hfs formatted flash drive stopped being able to be read.

Rollback files and instructions here:   http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5860/related/1/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xMzQ3MTI4NTEzL3NpZC9iQ29OZEw1bA%3D%3D

EDIT: It turned out I was having issues with my flash drive.  I re-plugged it in and it can now be read. So far this upgrade version is working out for me.

After upgrading now im not able to go in a given time when watching a video file. Now when i press OK, then just shows one option “close” and the other one? is it hidden, relocated or what?  someone else has the same issue?

EDIT: Now seems it depends on the video file, it may appear or not. So a glitch? anyone else with that issue?

Colt725 wrote:

chtivain wrote:

(please excuse for my english, i’m french)

Update done
Unfortunately.

In Network Share, i only have “Windows Network”.  â€œLinux Network” disappeared :confused:

I used NFS to watch videos from my NAS

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

DITTTO

I am having the same problem.

for both of you, you need to go into setting and re-enable it.

please read the FW details on the first page.

knino wrote:

After upgrading now im not able to go in a given time when watching a video file. Now when i press OK, then just shows one option “close” and the other one? is it hidden, relocated or what?  someone else has the same issue?

EDIT: Now seems it depends on the video file, it may appear or not. So a glitch? anyone else with that issue?

only AVI and it’s not a glitch.

Likewise but it found my Nas all on its own so maybe its not a glitch but a update in that respect.

Nope its clear the firmware no longer seeing ntf linux shares.

This firmware a dud.

Magnus33 wrote:

This firmware a dud.

NFS still works!  

Magnus33 wrote:

This firmware a dud.

:neutral_face:

SETUP → NETWORK SETTINGS → ENABLE LINUX SHARE (default is OFF)

After upgrading, I am not able to see any of my windows shares! I tried all available options but it still does not work. I am planning to rollback to the previous version, unless anyone can guide me to get my windows network shares back.

Ahh fudge
lol

Ahh well spent 8 hours in the hospital yesterday so missing that wasn’t a major shock
lol

My bad. :slight_smile:

So is the requirement to hit “Search” and put in a time for AVI files only a planned change? Is there a reason for AVI but not others but you can use search? That seems rather stupid to take away functionality. I surely hope they add it back in and quickly. I really don’t like the look of everything after this firmware update either. While pausing everything is “bigger” in size (font, graphics) and takes up more of the screen. It was just fine how it was before (I would prefer to have the current time on the pause menu as well rather than just on the main window). Looks like I need to roll back to the old firmware.

There is still an issue which came with the 1.10.13 Release.

The Movie and TV information are only fetched in english. No matter wich language is set in the system. I hoped the new update will fix this. It is very uncomfortable to have an usb device plugged into the smp all the time with the custom .xml to fetch the movie information in german.

When making a theme, we could edit “video_run.xml”, to change the video playback information during play/pause.

This no longer works in the new FW.

N1 knows what’s the new file name used?

TIA

• EDIT #1 -

It’s also broken in wdtv live HUB: Attention Themers

One big feature of wdtv are themes and now even that is falling apart

WD please fix this.

• EDIT #2 -

Thank doubleO8 for finding the new file name: video_run_buf.xml

WD, changes the default theme in new FW, but once again does _not_ update the GPL source.

I really don’t understant, why they don’t release the updated theme source, after a FW update.

It’s the only way to develop themes in wdtv and this is an anounced product feature :frowning:

WD, please make sure this doesn’t happen again and again and again

Thanks for advices regarding “jump to” function, beside this I was honestly hoping to find the stay-off option but I had no luck.

The only bug I’ve foundt for now is that it loses connection with my NAS after viewing a movie and then going back to home, just tried again and it works.

Sorry to say that I’m even more disappointed by WD by now, if I wanted a fairly working mediaplayer I’d purchased some chinese stuff and saved money

yep avi files don’t show the " skip to or jump to" function, hope they fix this in the next update coz it’s the avi files for good sake!

It’s back to version 9 again. I had earlier upgraded from 9 to 10 and had a problem with mpg files and a stuttering, slow start
once going it was OK but was aggravating when watching multiple small mpg files. Went back to 9 and problem was gone. Saw this 11 firmware so I installed it to see if the mpg problem was gone. It worked perfect
great. Then I found that there was an unusual slowing and speeding up of some avi files
sound was OK. Downgraded to 9 and all is OK again. All of these problems were using the device wirelessly. At least it works OK with firmware 9, but it highlights how touchy and complicated these devices are. Waiting for firmware 12.

vfromhell wrote:
yep avi files don’t show the " skip to or jump to" function, hope they fix this in the next update coz it’s the avi files for good sake!

Just use the SEARCH button on the remote.

1 Like

Another new bug:

Start the device, plug in an USB-stick with several media-files (I used AVIs exclusively). Start one file and pause after a few seconds. Let it go into screensaver-mode and wait for half an hour. Then press a button to stop the screensaver to show the stillframe of the paused file. Then press skip forward.

The device will cycle through most or all remaining files without starting any of them, and ultimately show an error message with something like “unsupported files”. After ejecting and replugging the stick, these files play normally, though.

Issue-Tracker-ticket

Can anybody confirm this?