New Release - Firmware Version 1.11.14 for WD TV Live Streaming Media Player (9/6/12)

WD is happy to announce our latest firmware update for the WD TV Live Streaming Media Player.

If you experience any issues with this firmware, please report them in the WD TV Live Streaming Issue Reporting exchange.

For questions or sharing your experience, you can post in this thread.

Download and install seemed to work … will reboot was the last meesage to see!

Now it gets stuck with ‘unsupported video format’ (might be not the correct English message, running German).

Too bad - I was hoping that firmware upgrades are really tested well.

Bernie

Update:

After disconnecting power and reconnected it was booting again.

Updated without issues using the wd tv live auto updater.

Can any one please post the release notes for this version?

sim_tcr wrote:

Can any one please post the release notes for this version?

Already linked in the first post.

Nothing in the release notes about MLB.tv. I’m disappointed that apparently there will not be a fix for the extremely poor/variable performance of the  service by the end of the season.

1 Like

The bug where hiding Live TV/Slingplayer in parental control settings also results in the Launchpad/Flingo service being hidden has still not been fixed!

Since updating to the current firmware, my SMP seems to be bricked! Have tried power cycling and resetting the unit. Nothing! Thanks …

I just upgraded to the new firmware.

While I am playing a video and I hit the OK button, the current video position is displayed along with 2 options - Close & Jump to.

This new version no longer has the Jump to option. I’m no longer able to jump to any desired postion in the video like I used to.

1 Like

@ricoman

you could just use your search button on the remote

2 Likes

Just updated to the latest firmware.  No issues with the upgrade.  However, now when I’m streaming video from my NAS (Netgear ReadyNAS Duo), the video will play fine for some time and then the WD reports that the network device is no longer available.  If I wait a moment or two, I can then select the NAS again.  This ONLY started after installing the latest firmware.  Anyone else having this issue?

sory to hear about the issues i have opted not to update at this time

Updating worked fine on both wd devices here, thanks. No problems at all.

Too bad peopel are allways complaining here about great updates, a lot of people enjoy your hard work WD!

the ‘skip to’ function disappearing seems only with .avi files. with mkv & mp4’s its there :confused:

also it now pauses when you press options :confused:

on a plus side they seem to have cured my hard power off/on - losing network settings occasionally bug  :slight_smile: tnx

Version 1.11.14:
Resolved Issues:
• Wohnzimmer-Videothek (Media Markt - Germany Only)
• Supports YuppTV.
• Supports Geo Location reset location feature.
• Resolved several My Media Library issues with NAS storage devices.
• Resolved Samba issue high bitrate .M2TS videos stutter when switching audio stream.
• Resolved remote buttons A, B, C, and D do not work in SlingPlayer.
• Resolved YouTube Leanback login credentials not saved after reboot or restarting.
• Resolved network share issue with master browser.
General Info:
• Note: Enable Linux Share settings are off by default.
• Note: YouTube Leanback will require login after firmware upgrade.
• Note: SlingPlayer will require login after firmware upgrade.

ricoman wrote:

I just upgraded to the new firmware.

While I am playing a video and I hit the OK button, the current video position is displayed along with 2 options - Close & Jump to.

This new version no longer has the Jump to option. I’m no longer able to jump to any desired postion in the video like I used to.

I can confirm that, at least with AVI-files.

Also what is the reason behind the spinning processing-icon now being shown as an overlay for the first couple of seconds of video-playback? Very annoying.

I will test the firmware later for the other two bugs I’ve found: 1 and 2

Thanks. Always wondered what that button was for but was too busy skipping around on the videos I was watching :wink:

I usually only have AVI’s to stream and am super pi$$ed that they took out the “Skip to” option. That is one of the top reasons why I bought a WD instead of something else.

Now I am looking for a way to downgrade my firmware to get that back. That **bleep**.

As someone said earlier you could just use then search button on the remote.

1 Like

wolmerian wrote:

As someone said earlier you could just use then search button on the remote.

Or a proper media player which isn’t losing more and more features with each update.

1 Like

ikbaa wrote:

also it now pauses when you press options :confused:

this is to help the player with streaming issues/stutter over network or hdd.