New Release - Firmware Version 1.11.14 for WD TV Live Streaming Media Player (9/6/12)

I am installing the previouw firmware again, see

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5860/related/1/session/L2F2LzIvdGltZS8xMzMwNDY1NjA3L3NpZC9zYUQ5Y1NSaw%3D%3D

If I play an old wmv file that is not supported, the player stops playing all my other files from my synology nas untill I do a full restart of my wd device. Why can’t I get a message the file is not supported? This is just plain stupid.

One of the worst updates in months, what a terrible job from wd.

Luckily the previous firmware was working perfect for me.

I will try the next update again, hopefully more luck next time and otherwise I will stick to the firmware I am installing now.

ikbaa wrote:

the ‘skip to’ function disappearing seems only with .avi files. with mkv & mp4’s its there :confused:

also it now pauses when you press options :confused:

on a plus side they seem to have cured my hard power off/on - losing network settings occasionally bug  :slight_smile: tnx

i’m sure this changed due to the common issues with AVI files including streaming over network.

The skip to function dissappeared with avi-files as well as ISO-files :cry:

1 Like

Thanks a lot for this update. The WDTV is now able to display my 16 megapixel DSLR photos in good quality. With earlier firmware these large pictures looked worse than the 8 megapixel pictures from my phone.

with this upadate, my wdtv live is slowern and when i press options video stops, i dont like that… that should be like before…

plus no changes at subtitles formats and screen options. please  wdtv live add more subtitle fonts  nad please put more options   on normal an wide screen, like   more wider or something … like on some other television…

I like the pause when options are pressed, it saves me having to rewind or pause whenever I fiddle with the zoom.

(please excuse for my english, i’m french)

Update done…Unfortunately.

In Network Share, i only have “Windows Network”.  “Linux Network” disappeared :confused:

I used NFS to watch videos from my NAS…

im wheting for HD AUDİO Pass-Through: DTS, DTS-HD HR, DTS-HD MA,Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby True HD

not for this gaming !

Version 1.11.14:
Resolved Issues:
• Wohnzimmer-Videothek (Media Markt - Germany Only)
• Supports YuppTV.
• Supports Geo Location reset location feature.
• Resolved several My Media Library issues with NAS storage devices.
• Resolved Samba issue high bitrate .M2TS videos stutter when switching audio stream.
• Resolved remote buttons A, B, C, and D do not work in SlingPlayer.
• Resolved YouTube Leanback login credentials not saved after reboot or restarting.
• Resolved network share issue with master browser.

1 Like

Geru_Da_Damaga wrote:

The skip to function dissappeared with avi-files as well as ISO-files :cry:

there has never been a Skip-to function for ISO.

chtivain wrote:

In Network Share, i only have “Windows Network”.  “Linux Network” disappeared :confused:

That is mentioned in the Release Notes…  You just need to re-enable NFS shares in the setup menu.

Was unable to connect to my Wireless (G+WPA2) network after the firmware update.  Had to resort to a factory reset before it would fnally let me in.  

Can we get an option to manually enter the Media server?  It never finds one of my Windows shares (everything else on my network does!).

So far, so good with this new firmware.  SMB seems to be more stable so far.

The loss of the “skip to” function briefly spooked me (thanks to those who pointed out that it’s still there with the “search” button!) I’m cautiously optimistic about this release! 

1 Like

Worked for me (MyBookDuo NAS)  Had to re-enable Linux share in Setup, restarted device & then could Select Content Source, Network Share & select Linux Shares. NFS folders then available again.

A bit of a clunky workaround though & not well thought out for this release, especially given the popularity of NAS set-up for many Users!

Please try harder WD.

Computing Dictionary

regression testing definition

programming
 Part of the test phase of software development where, as new modules are integrated into the system and the added functionality is tested, previously tested functionality is re-tested to assure that no new module has corrupted the system.
[Bennatan, E.M., “Software Project Management”, 2nd edition, McGraw-Hill International, 1992].
(1995-12-04)

zerbey wrote:

Was unable to connect to my Wireless (G+WPA2) network after the firmware update.  Had to resort to a factory reset before it would fnally let me in.  

Can we get an option to manually enter the Media server?  It never finds one of my Windows shares (everything else on my network does!).

you need to add the SMP to the same WORKGROUP for this to work.

i just updated my device with the new firmware. I depend of the wireless connection. Upon completion of the firmware upgrade, my current wireless was no longer working. I opted to remove and re-configure and it does not matter what setting I select it is no longer working. Neither Automatically, Manually or even WPS. My router notes the connection was successful but my WDLIVE unit says “Wireless network not found. Please check your settings and try again” I have been going at it for now 2.5 hours and it is getting me extremely frustrated. Any assistance that can be provided on the matter will be appreciated.

mindsprings, you can install the previous firmware (see the search here for a tutorial), I would suggest to do so, better to enjoy the rest of your day instead of fixing things you can’t fix. With a bit of luck it will be working again in the next update.

1 Like

Is anyone still having issues with Youtube Leanback not remembering your account when you exit the app, restart or switch off the device. 

The latest firmware update and the one previous stated that they had fixed this issue but I still have to sign in and activate my account using a web browser everytime I want to watch something.

Is this going to get an actual fix in the future?

My flash drive formatted in HFS+ no longer can be read after this firmware update.  Why did you guys break this?

Anyone else have this problem?  I was able to read my flash drive before the update.

chtivain wrote:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

DITTTO

I am having the same problem.