New Release - Firmware Version 1.09.10 for WD TV Live Streaming Media Player (6/5/12)

Right, so why not post this in the 1.09.10 thread?

Hello all.

I would like to know if anyone using last firmware (1.09.10) have experienced any problem updating RSS feeds after the first update. My feeds update the first time and no more; it keeps showing the same elements even when there are new elements. The only solution is unplugging the device (so it only updates when there are no elements stored).

Also, temperature display in home view no longer updates automatically.

I’ve tried hard resetting and powercycling with no different results.

There is an issue posted about this but I wonder if anyone else is experiencing this problem.

Thanks in advance

After updating the firmware to 1.09.10, I can’t use external usb drive ( elements 1.5TB ) which was working with 1.08.17 version. Resetting to the factory defaults  didn’t help. The player will hung while compiling the media library.

samurai wrote:

After updating the firmware to 1.09.10, I can’t use external usb drive ( elements 1.5TB ) which was working with 1.08.17 version. Resetting to the factory defaults  didn’t help. The player will hung while compiling the media library.

I have a family member who had this problem too, we ended up downgrading then upgrading and it works now.

After the firmware update the Box does not stop Compiling my media library. Does anyone else have this issue or probably a solution? I am using the Streaming Box with a Synology NAS that has got 2x2TB and it worked with the old firmware 1.8.X.

seamd wrote:

After the firmware update the Box does not stop Compiling my media library. Does anyone else have this issue or probably a solution? I am using the Streaming Box with a Synology NAS that has got 2x2TB and it worked with the old firmware 1.8.X.

my post above yours.

I tried to downgrade to the previous version but it won’t see the rollback firmware on the USB stick ( with only firmware files on it ) 

samurai wrote:

I tried to downgrade to the previous version but it won’t see the rollback firmware on the USB stick ( with only firmware files on it ) 

did you make sure the files are on the root of the USB stick and not in a folder?

I have two boxes and both have no problem compiling the Media Library on 1.09.10 (they’re using the beta release)

I have a family member that ugraded to 1.09.10 through the New FW prompt (wireless) and his just compiled for ever.

not sure why this is happening or if there is a different between the two FW’s (shouldn’t be) but rolling back and upgrading again fixed this for him.

samurai wrote:

It appears that the 1.08.17  rollback firmware has not been tweaked to allow a rollback, in fact its just the normal 1.08.17  firmware. You will have to open the wdlivegen3.ver file using notepad and change the VERSION='1.08.17 â€™ to something like VERSION=‘2.08.17’ and then save it. The live hub will now see the firmware and rollback to 1.08.17  The ver file has to be updated to fool the hub into accepting the firmware. After successfully rolling back the new firmware tab will reappear but you can ignore this.

Note. WD have been informed so its likely that by now the firmware has been corrected for new downloads.

Hey, thanks for the info RichUK.

Yeah, I previously tried to rollback, but couldn’t.  I would rather go back to 1.08.17 because I can’t get live TV in my area nor do I have a slingplayer.

My real question is, where is the official WD site to get the “fixed” 1.08.17 after WD has tweaked it so that one can do a roll back on the firmware? 

The reason I want to roll back to that firware is because my Netflix works perfectly with that firmware with no hangups and everything else seems to work well also.

sbasile wrote:

Hey, thanks for the info RichUK.

Yeah, I previously tried to rollback, but couldn’t.  I would rather go back to 1.08.17 because I can’t get live TV in my area nor do I have a slingplayer.

My real question is, where is the official WD site to get the “fixed” 1.08.17 after WD has tweaked it so that one can do a roll back on the firmware? 

The reason I want to roll back to that firware is because my Netflix works perfectly with that firmware with no hangups and everything else seems to work well also.

The link below will take you to the official WD rollback site. However as I said in my post you may have to do the tweaking yourself as WD ‘forgot’ to. WD are aware and so therefore you may find that the 1.08.17 rollback firmware has been updated.

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5860

Later.

WD have now updated the ver file on the rollback firmware so if you have downloaded it recently then it should not need to be ‘tweaked’.

Since the update my WDTV Life has stopped detecting TVersity.  Anyone else having this problem?

New firmware is pants! Since this it has messed everything up over my media network. My buffalo won’t recognize at all via media or local drive windows. It install some Tonkey program which now conflicts with my phone so i can’t access files unless i display all but it show up all over the place and nothing in folder order. :frowning: Very disappointed WD

The latest firmware 1.09.10 is rubbish. WDTV has been streamlining faulty updates the last 2 x times.

They should be testing these updates thoroughly.

MY device crashes randomly where it requires me to pull out the power plug and plug back in

AND it also cannot find shares on my server and requires me to reset network settings completely on every restart before it will resync all the shared folders on my server.

:frowning:

I’m having the exact same problem. Prior to flashing the last update I had zero issues. Now I can be watching a file and mid way it stops and takes me back to the main dashboard screen where everything is frozen and i have to unplug the device to reset it. When I was running Hulu in the middle of the video it would also freeze then go back to the main WD TV live screen and I’d have to unplug as well.

Extremely frustrating that an update is causing all these problems!

Strange to say it, but for me I am glad there is a firmware issue. I just purchased one this week, and have ran into some of the issues mentioned. (Missing shares unless I hard reset the WDTV, compiling forever, sluggish responses)  It gives me hope that this device is capable of much better as soon as they fix these bugs that appear to be new.

What is the best course of action here, rollback or wait for a fix? What is the typical release cycle for firmware updates on this box?

I’m in the process of rolling back to the previous firmware since I had ZERO problems with this device since I purchased it during it’s initial launch.  I’ve loved this little device since day 1, and this is the only time I’ve had issue with it.

First time on here. I recently bought a WDTV live and used it to replace my Iomega Screenplay which was working fine btw. The Iomega was connected to my home LAN with a 2tb drive attached by usb. My other media players around the house could see the usb drive also. I connected the WDTV in the same way and it worked first time. I was then offered a firmware update which I accepted (1.09.10). Since the update I have had problems. When i enter the files, movies, photos, muisic menus it shows the name of the usb drive but cannot see any of the files in it. When i try to chose it as the source it says there is no content. I have plugged it direct to my PC and back into the Iomega, AC Ryan media players and it works fine. To fix I have tried the following -

1. restart

2. reset to factory default

3. unplugged the usb and replugged

4. power cycled the WDTV

5. deleted the WD files that was left on the usb dirve

All failed, does anyone have any ideas?

Dougie11 wrote:

First time on here. I recently bought a WDTV live and used it to replace my Iomega Screenplay which was working fine btw. The Iomega was connected to my home LAN with a 2tb drive attached by usb. My other media players around the house could see the usb drive also. I connected the WDTV in the same way and it worked first time. I was then offered a firmware update which I accepted (1.09.10). Since the update I have had problems. When i enter the files, movies, photos, muisic menus it shows the name of the usb drive but cannot see any of the files in it. When i try to chose it as the source it says there is no content. I have plugged it direct to my PC and back into the Iomega, AC Ryan media players and it works fine. To fix I have tried the following -

1. restart
  1. reset to factory default
  1. unplugged the usb and replugged
  1. power cycled the WDTV
  1. deleted the WD files that was left on the usb dirve

All failed, does anyone have any ideas?

Update is that I did a hard reset using the pinhole underneath. Well it now sees the USB drive begins building the library and then freezes. I am going to call the helpline and if its not resolved I will send it back. Its a real shame as I waited several months before buying it. Will be a popcorn for me if I do have to buy another.

VIDEO_TS FOLDERS?!?!. Its been 6 months now. :expressionless: