New Release - Firmware Version 1.09.10 for WD TV Live Streaming Media Player (6/5/12)

I’m now having problems with MLB .TV that I did not have before. Frequently locks up or logs itself out every 5 to 10 minutes. It will pause, stutter, then go to a black screen, followed by “No Signal”, then move to the WD TV Live screen. You can then choose “services”, pick MLB.TV, choose the game, and go back to watching. 5 to 10 minutes later, same thing.

Doesn’t seem to happen with other services through media player. It also does not happen if I go to MLB.TV through my laptop or desktop PC - only when using the WD TV Live player

1 Like

Hello,

I only recently picked up the WD TV Live. 

I’ve updated firmware once prior to this update over my WIFI without issue. This update continously fails with “New firmware download failed due to network connection error. Please check your network connection and try again”. The network is fine though; I can access the internet services without any trouble (e.g. YouTube).

The forums for the Hub device indicate that you can update manually using a USB key; will this work as well with TV Live?

Thanks

Curmudgeonly wrote:

I’m now having problems with MLB .TV that I did not have before. Frequently locks up or logs itself out every 5 to 10 minutes. It will pause, stutter, then go to a black screen, followed by “No Signal”, then move to the WD TV Live screen. You can then choose “services”, pick MLB.TV, choose the game, and go back to watching. 5 to 10 minutes later, same thing.

Doesn’t seem to happen with other services through media player. It also does not happen if I go to MLB.TV through my laptop or desktop PC - only when using the WD TV Live player

Same here… Though it was a bit troublesome with the last firmware, it’s hopeless now!

2 Likes

ggdinger wrote:

The forums for the Hub device indicate that you can update manually using a USB key; will this work as well with TV Live?

Thanks

Yes here’s the link for it.

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5749/~/how-to-automatically-or-manually-update-the-firmware-on-a-wd-tv-live-hub-media

Has anyone had performance issues with the new Youtube Leanback? It’s slow as molasses and it’s crashed the device twice.

Dikkiedikdik2 wrote:

The slingbox icon can be easily removed when you modify your WD theme, works perfectly.

You mean we can remove the “Live TV” tab, when we edit the theme ?

Since WD does not provide updated themes, should we use an old one without that tab?

If you have the last updated theme, with “Live TV” tab, let us know  were to download it.

@ernieflapps

Thanks for the update on Flingo’s rebrand.  It will take a bit of getting used to, but I ilke some aspects of it, particularly the History aspect of the queue which allows me to keep track of someo of the things I’ve seen.

I’m glad we’ve not lost it and hope it will continue to improve.

I really appreciate you taking the time time fill me in.:smiley:

Andyross wrote:

Just noticed one change with Netflix: Hitting OPTION displays some info in the top-left. It lists the current/total time, the Video format (such as High/SD, X-High/HD, etc…) and the audio setting.

That is very good news. That’s exactly what the PS3 Netflix client does when you press Select, which is very useful. The “Low/Med/High/X-High” refers to the quality. “X-High” only applies for HD. So, “X-High/HD” means that you’re streaming at 1080p, e.g., the highest possible bandwidth usage, which is supported only by some HD titles. Similarly, “Low” only applies to SD, which means that Low/SD is the lowest possible bandwidth usage without losing the stream, and you will only get this when your connection to the server is struggling.

@ Mr-Wolf,

Here is the theme I use, you can try it and remove it when you don’t like it:

[code]

http://www.mediafire.com/?onn6s24tlytd4f8

[/code]

I think this one (this is the original version) also works if you don’t like my modified one (this is the original theme without the live tv menu option:

[code]

http://www.mediafire.com/?d0d9tmx0m5eadgn

[/code]

I am 99,9% sure both will work perfectly for you. I can’t test at the moment if the original one also works because my wife is allready sleeping and the wd is in our bedroom.

No need to test it, I assume you use a theme previous to this last FW.

The live tv tab, will only be present in the theme of this last FW.

Using a theme to get rid of the tab is a good idea.

Thanks.

I like to watch Tekzilla (the shows not the daily tips) which is in Revision 3 and now under Launchpad/Flingo.  Is there a way that I can make Tekzilla a “Favorite” so I don’t have to spend heaps of time just having to navigate to it each time?  It is so slow it hardly seems worthwhile going through ALL the steps just to access this series.

@Mr-Wolf,

The new theme 1.09.10 is now also online on this forum, but indeed I use the “old” theme, everything else works perfect, I like it much better without the live tv button in the menu.

1 Like

I was looking for the default theme that is inside FW 1.09.10 and also found it in the forum.

Thanks for the info!

Is anyone having a problem with using the new Slingbox app?  Every time I attempt to use it just the screen just goes black.  I can hit the home button to get back the main title screen at least.  Any ideas?

@Mr-Wolf,

Here is the original 1.09 theme without the live tv menu option, the theme is 100% original, the files are from the WD website and no modifications accept the file inc_rv_home_menu_node.xml , I removed this to delete the live tv menu option:

<button animation_num=“34” animation_format_str=“image/tv_icon_%03d.png” disabled_bg=“image/main_tv_icon_n.png” focused_bg=“image/main_tv_icon_f.png” normal_bg=“image/main_tv_icon_n.png” name=“Live TV”         valkey=“RV_HOME_MENU_LIVE_TV”/>

You can download it here: http://www.mediafire.com/?4q595qsls41uuwe

Tested and works perfect

2 Likes

Hi

WD 1.09.10 FW sling Player not working ?

sling player box not found code :5   error

cfischer wrote:

Hi

WD 1.09.10 FW sling Player not working ?

sling player box not found code :5   error

• *Which Slingbox do you have?

im having problems playing pictures (jpg) through my usb key.  was working fine with 1.01 and 1.03 and decided to do the upgrade.

it will cycle through the pictures for a while (anywhere from 45mins to 120mins) but will then get an error.

“content not found. if you just moved the content, the wdtv or your content source may take some time to update the content listing.”

i placed a case to your email support and have not heard back from them.  i also talked to phone support and they suggested doing a device reset - which did not resolve the problem.

I tried to play one MP4 file infinitely. Before there was an option that was depicted with two arrows forming a circle and the number 1 inside the circle. Unfortunately, I couldn’t find this option (I could see two arrows in circle but without the number 1 which means it replays ALL files in the folder). Anyone else experiencing this?

After installing 1.09.10, Media Player is sluggish and hung. After pulling plug to regain control, locations in movies are forgotten (again!)