New Release - Firmware Version 1.08.17 for WD TV Live Streaming Media Player (5/7/12)

I’m from Spain Strider_Nemesis

Then, yes. Netflix will disappear upon applying the update.

why do we have to vote for bugs now? Why can’t we just put the bugs here?

Now we have to click all on the arrow button to get bugs fixed? Common, that’s just plain stupid.

1 Like

Bill_S wrote:

oldman777 wrote:

Bill_S wrote:

For questions or sharing your experience, you can post in this thread.

I upgraded my WD TV live SMP to 1.08.17 and no change,the problem with rear USB port still remains.
When this bug will be fixed?

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Streaming-Issue/SMP-refuses-to-play-1080p-files-from-the-HDD-USB-3-0-connected/idi-p/377519

As I think was said earlier, this could be a hardware problem.  I would contact support like you said you were doing.

I do not quite understand. This a hardware problem is only with my player?
And I can exchange it for another player who does not have problem with the rear port.
Or the same problem with the rear port is at all players, manufactured from December 2011 to the present day?
And I can not exchange it for another player who does not have this problem.

Live comment

• firmware download: ok
  • firmware update: in progress => ok
  • reboots: ok
  • Black Mamba 1.5 theme for SMP: kept
  • Media library rebuild: ok
  • Media source preferences: kept
  • UI speed: improved
  • Auto resolution: ok
  • MKV 24p playback from SMB Nas: flawless

NIce job WD, thanks!!!

Rayonix wrote:

Playing DVD folders through WiFi still seems broken hp9000, at least that’s what I experienced with this latest firmware.  Some bug having to do with using more than required bandwidth to transmit this type of file and producing a lot of extra network traffic.

I might also add that I usually get between 2-3 bars for signal and have no problems playing HDX files from Vudu, so it definitly seems something is broken in streaming DVD folders.

There are some other factors here.  What you say is true if you stream from a Windows share, it will choke.  However, I have a WDTV Live Plus and an SMP both running over WiFi and can stream in either direction between devices with no problems from USB attached drives.  ie, USB drive on the SMP, stream it via WiFi to the Live Plus on WiFi with no errors. But if I try to stream from a Windows share, it chokes.  So it’s not just WiFi bandwidth, but the way the data is streamed.

@Dikkiedikdik2: “why do we have to vote for bugs now? Why can’t we just put the bugs here?”

WD has this annoucement in issues forum:

" Our goal is to try to address the issues that are the most important to you. Use the kudos arrow to say “Me too!” if you see an issue that affects you."

Pensonaly I think they will investigate all reported bugs,I have some bugs reported with no votes, that are being reviewed by them.

Votes # is a way of evaluate how many users are affected. I guess they could concentrate efforts solving the higher voted issues.

1 Like

Rider wrote:

Rayonix wrote:

Playing DVD folders through WiFi still seems broken hp9000, at least that’s what I experienced with this latest firmware.  Some bug having to do with using more than required bandwidth to transmit this type of file and producing a lot of extra network traffic.

I might also add that I usually get between 2-3 bars for signal and have no problems playing HDX files from Vudu, so it definitly seems something is broken in streaming DVD folders.

There are some other factors here.  What you say is true if you stream from a Windows share, it will choke.  However, I have a WDTV Live Plus and an SMP both running over WiFi and can stream in either direction between devices with no problems from USB attached drives.  ie, USB drive on the SMP, stream it via WiFi to the Live Plus on WiFi with no errors. But if I try to stream from a Windows share, it chokes.  So it’s not just WiFi bandwidth, but the way the data is streamed.

It also depends on bandwidth: even with a wireless N 300 you may have problems, try with a full duplex wired 100 mbit connection, I don’t have any kind of issue, even if with 1:1 BR discs.

Still havent fixed avi/xvid over windows shares :(  Please fix!  Other than that everything works so far for me.

I applied the upgrade last night. After the upgrade, I did a factory reset. First thing I did was to set the screen resolution to auto and try the ISOs as others said. NO PROBLEM at all. Everything worked. Tried 3 DVD isos, two PAL and one NTSC. All worked. My only criticism is that when I switch off the SMP, when I press the red button, it takes 2-3 seconds to turn off. I don’t like that. Anyone else having the same issue (delayed switch off)?

you are talking nonsense. Even windows file explorer can knows that 10 comes after 2.

Not forgetting the titles are auto set when you get content info so having s01e01, s01e01, s01e10 makes no difference

“Resolved TV show episode sorting issue after auto Get Content Info.”

WRONG

1 Like

infabo wrote:

“Resolved TV show episode sorting issue after auto Get Content Info.”

WRONG

Yes, completely wrong.

The TV episodes numbering issue has also not been resolved for me

martinboy, flashblade, infabo, etc:

Have you switched the FILTER to “TV Shows?”  They are sorted correctly there.

I know people don’t like it that way, but I think that’s what WD is intending to do…

can you explain how i do that please Tony

yes, please explain.

… when viewing VIDEOS tab, press the GREEN button, and change the “Filter” to “TV Shows.”

It will:

• Group by Series Name
  • Group by Season Number (though there’s still a sorting issue if there’s more than 9 seasons)
  • Sort by EPISODE NUMBER, regardless of the title or file name.

Hmm I’m afraid I jumped the gun on the very first post. Last night I was able to playback an mkv perfectly, but this evening I got my stuttering back. It was significantly less frequent (maybe 4 over the whole 2 hours) but it wasn’t flawless. This might be a bandwidth issue on my wifi, i’m not sure. :frowning:

vertical wrote:

I applied the upgrade last night. After the upgrade, I did a factory reset. First thing I did was to set the screen resolution to auto and try the ISOs as others said. NO PROBLEM at all. Everything worked. Tried 3 DVD isos, two PAL and one NTSC. All worked. My only criticism is that when I switch off the SMP, when I press the red button, it takes 2-3 seconds to turn off. I don’t like that. Anyone else having the same issue (delayed switch off)?

Hi, I’ve noticed the same, but honestly I didn’t take care so much.