New Release - Firmware Version 1.06.04 for WD TV Live Streaming Media Player (1/10/12)

Excuse me…
I’m downloading right now the latest firmware via my mobile network sharing, but I notice some slowness. I think it is better to download it directly from my PC and install it via USB.
What does it happen if I stop the download, such as turning off the player?

Thank you.

voodatari wrote:

I can’t believe that having dozens of VERY IMPORTANT issues reported (mkv streaming high bandwitdth use for example), all they did was adding  a couple of services (not important for the majority of us…not everybody lives in UK), and solving 3 minor problems.

They only had 20 days, including Christmas and New Year holidays, between 1.5 and 1.6. It seems to me that HDMI audio is a big issue to some. WD fixed that and added other enhancement. So I think they deserve some recognition for it.

tjkaz wrote:

Hacku wrote:

voodatari wrote:

I can’t believe that having dozens of VERY IMPORTANT issues reported (mkv streaming high bandwitdth use for example), all they did was adding  a couple of services (not important for the majority of us…not everybody lives in UK), and solving 3 minor problems.

I here that

Ditto.

Although nothing seems to have been broken on both of my SMPs so I guess that’s a plus.  However, still have an audio lag issue with one mkv movie files that I didn’t/don’t have when playing on a Live + unit.

Same here.  How about fixing the (Wifi) ‘Streaming’ part in ‘WD TV Live Streaming Media Player’…

mrwenni wrote:

tjkaz wrote:

Hacku wrote:

voodatari wrote:

I here that

Ditto.

Although nothing seems to have been broken on both of my SMPs so I guess that’s a plus.  However, still have an audio lag issue with one mkv movie files that I didn’t/don’t have when playing on a Live + unit.

Same here.  How about fixing the (Wifi) ‘Streaming’ part in ‘WD TV Live Streaming Media Player’…

Ditto

I just want this .MKV file thing fixed.  I’m tired of those files not playing, and no, I don’t want to convert 100’s of files.  I’m not trying to sound like the angry customer, but this was the reason I spent more money and got this player vs. the $40 dollar one of a different brand.  I wanted it for netflixs and .MKV files.  I guess I should have paid $40 and just got the one with netflix, because that’s all this thing is doing for me. 

1 Like

CEC Control not working again.

Worked on the previous firmware version…actually that was the firmware version where they fixed the CEC and got it working.

Now it’s non-functional again because of a new firmware.

Maybe they’ll fix it again on the next firmware then accidentally disable it again on the firmware following that.

I guess if one thing gets fixed, another thing gets broken. :angry: 

Firmware upgrade at the sametime as Windows 7 what a recipe for disaster now my network share has crashed and I can look forwards to hours of fun (not) trying to work it out. Anyone else with a network share that has gone missing after this firmware upgrade?

Hi everyone,

I have just upgraded to 1.06.04 and found that when playing FLAC files the WD live player does not play the first second(s) of ANY song. That makes the player unusable for me. Can anyone confirm this?

I will roll back to 1.05.18

Michael

Edit: I examined the issue closer and found out that it can be a cache problem (if there is a cache). 

When I restart the WD TV Live (after a power off) there are at the beginning no problems when dealing with music files. But after 6-8 quick switches to different songs (just to start the song for maybe 10secs) the symptoms come back: after a split second of starting the song there is an interruption for about 1 second before the song is being continued.

Maybe there is an issue with the hardware and not with the software…

====================================

Edit 2: It is definitely a firmware issue. I tried out another brand-new WD TV Live with firmware 1.06.04 and had the same problems. Now I switched back to 1.05.18 and everything is fine. Funny is that this happens only if the media players are connected by wire to the network.  A different WD TV Live which is connected via WLan (to the same network) works fine with 1.06.04 (at least so far…)

1 Like

HDMI CEC never fully worked on my neo Pana Viera with fw 1.03, 1.05 and 1.06.

I stop believing in WDTV release notes

well but there is still no automatic zoom  :cry:

finally a “good” firmware…

I belive these forums are more for “support” than complaining… so:

Days prior to this upgrade I had a file that I accidentally copied into the root of my USB attached hard drive.  I used the move option on the WD to move this file to the proper directory.  Everything worked fine.

Now, after upgrading to the new firmware, this file icon shows in the root directory, but is unplayable and unable to be deleted.  The file shows and plays fine from the correct folder.

When on my iMac and looking through the hard drive attached to my WDTV, the file is not there… not even hidden. 

I have tried to “rescan” the root folder, and the file still shows up.  I’m not sure what else to try.

you’re saying that you put a file on the root of a usb connected drive (to the live streamer), and can’t get rid of the file now?  have you tried connecting the drive directly to your pc and making sure that the file has been properly deleted? 

[edit]

It seems possible that the file may have been corrupted when you moved it.

RobSpook wrote:

…  

I have tried to “rescan” the root folder, and the file still shows up.  I’m not sure what else to try.

Connect it back up to your PC and DELETE the .wd_tv folder that’s in the root of the drive.

Just beware - I had the following issue with the medialibrary which scans a couple of NFS shares:  http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Streaming-Issue/Major-issue-WD-TV-Live-deleted-over-200GB-of-my-files/idi-p/303614

Experiencing same problem.   No problem with avi/mkv files befoe update, but now no sound after beginning.  Files are streamed from naslite server over wired ethernet.  Looking for rollback solution.

not a single issue here, all format play flawlessly off my 500gb usb hdd :smileyvery-happy:

if you want to roll back, just grab the 1.05.18 firmware and edit the wdtvlivegen3.ver file

your comments are zero helpful.  likely I just need to return for refund.

you said you were looking for a rollback solution and I provided one

wulfie wrote:

not a single issue here, all format play flawlessly off my 500gb usb hdd :smileyvery-happy:

if you want to roll back, just grab the 1.05.18 firmware and edit the wdtvlivegen3.ver file

I just got my TV Live yesterday so I’m new to this. Where can I download the 1.05.18 firmware? It doesn’t seem to be avaiable on the Western Digital site anymore.

Also, what specifically do I need to edit in that file you mentioned?

Any help would be appreciated!

Fiona