New Release - Firmware Version 1.04.31_V for WD TV Live (4/6/11)

Small problem. After getting Netflix going (Canada) it appears to work fine except that I can’t exit and get back into the other WD Options. It will not back out of Netflix and I have to unplug the power. Sometimes I can press Power button on the remote and a box comes up and says “undefinted” and gives an option of Yes and No. Yes will power off the WD TV Live Plus and No will just close the box.

Is there a resolution for this?

Hi Dear Bill_s My language is persian and Wd doesn’t support this language as well . i have to use Arabic for encoding but it doesn’t support farsi as well please in future update notice my language and support :utf-8" for resolving this problem. i have to change srt–> sub/idx in my computer. another problem is when i change 720p to 1080p when i power WD off and turn it on again Resoulation Refer to 720p

When will be available the next firmware?The 1.04.31 has very bad picture quality and again flac with high sample rate doesnt support.Dont waste your time in WD for implement more extensions.We need the basic that all media players support.

Thanks.

what’s the point of having hebrew interface when you can’t read hebrew subtitles? is it so hard to add a few fonts to the system? it’s been over 2 years without hebrew for your devices

1 Like

mahdi126 wrote:

Hi Dear Bill_s My language is persian and Wd doesn’t support this language as well . i have to use Arabic for encoding but it doesn’t support farsi as well please in future update notice my language and support :utf-8" for resolving this problem. i have to change srt–> sub/idx in my computer. another problem is when i change 720p to 1080p when i power WD off and turn it on again Resoulation Refer to 720p

I’m sorry, but I have nothing to do with which languages get supported on the WD TV’s.  I believe there are ideas listed about language support, and you can vote on them.  That’s the best place to be heard.

I went nuts also trying to figure out why I can’t get a copy from the PC to the USB drive attached to the WD LIVE PLUS. Turns out that you have to use the file manager on the WD to get it to work. First share the drive  on your PC that has the movie or file. Go to the File Manager on WD LIVE. There you can choose source and destination files. Bingo it works just fine copying large files like 2 gig.

Hi, 

I concurr, this version has huge issues. As said before - in the menues the brightness is way too much. Additionally when I have thumbnails in the directories on my Synology NAS, the cursors jumps back & forth automatically in the thumbnail view. 

It neither did it with 1.04.22 nor does it jump around if you select another view than thumbnail. Also the thumbnail view works if you do not have any folder.jpg’s → as soon as you put some folder.jpg’s in → the cursor starts jumping automatically. 

Roll-back to 1.04.22 sovled all of the problems ! So I assume it’s a bug in the 1.04.31. 

Hope this get’s fixed. 

FEATURE REQUEST → If I select VIDEO and browse through the directories it would be great if the WD did not show the *.jpg’s → it should ignore all the jpgs in the directories (i.e. folder.jpg) and only show movie files. With that feature you had the thumbnails, but not the distracting folder.jpgs in every directory ! 

Would be greet ! 

thx, Phil 

Phil1975PB wrote:

Hi, 

FEATURE REQUEST → If I select VIDEO and browse through the directories it would be great if the WD did not show the *.jpg’s → it should ignore all the jpgs in the directories (i.e. folder.jpg) and only show movie files. With that feature you had the thumbnails, but not the distracting folder.jpgs in every directory ! 

Would be greet ! 

thx, Phil 

Phil, put a period in front of the jpg names to hide them from the WD, ie: name “folder.jpg” to “.folder.jpg”

Mine is purple, too.

It changes to normal blue background going into settings, video and just accepting the values that are already given.

The purple colour first started 2 or 3 updates ago, but it has never been permanent like now.

I’m totally annoyed by it.

I seem to have seen posts about Persian, Arabic and farsi betore. Could it be so that the same post have been repeated by the same poster? lika a gazillion of times??

markinuk wrote:

Phil, put a period in front of the jpg names to hide them from the WD, ie: name “folder.jpg” to “.folder.jpg”

Thanks - this is working :–)  Great stuff :-) 

having problems with streaming no sound on playback never had this problem b4 and when i roll back the firmware still no sound help any1 please

Mine did the exact same thing after the firmware update.  I also noticed the external WD USB drive would not always be recognized.

Is there anyway to go back to the previous firmware?

plmask wrote:

Is there anyway to go back to the previous firmware?

How to roll back the firmware on a WD TV Live HD Media Player or WD TV Live Plus HD Media Player

I bought my WD TV Live yesterday and upgraded from 1.02.21 to this firmware…

The problems I noticed immediately are:

When browsing the screen goes from washed out light to a rich dark everytime you scroll through each video file and the same happens when you play a movie at the beginning for a few seconds.

When you scroll through the menus it occasionally jumps down past the Network option.

Can we know when the new firmware will be in public?

And we need the 96khz-192khz fix for the flac files.

Same problem for me.

I bought 2 WDTV and 2 TP-Link Wireless N USB adapter TL-WN821N  V3.1.  I expected it work in next firmware.

One problem with last firmware. Jump itens when I press a arrow (like if I pressed a twice or more times) with remote control. If I roolback to previous firmware stop the problem. Please WD support team try to fix this problem too.

In this firmware release, no DVD ISO will play; trying to play one results in a, “Unable to play selected file.  Please refer to the user manual.” error message.  These ISOs have worked fine right up until this firmware release, at which point all five hundred and eighteen of them mysteriously ceased to be viewable or show in the preview window.

The unit has been reset both by the reset button and the reset-to-factory item in the setup menu.  Repeatedly, as it happens, on both counts.  The FreeNAS-0.7.2 installation hosting them is working properly, and the permissions and ownership on the ISOs is correct.  The ISOs play just fine in other software-based media players, and I get the same results if I copy one to a USB thumb drive (respecting the 4Gb filesize limitation of the FAT filesystem) and try to play it from there.

It’s reassuring to know that it appears as though WD is maintaining their standards when it comes to firmware updates, though it is hard to see how they could really slip any further.

I have decided to only upgrade when the upgrade is supposed to specifically address  specific issues I’m facing.

The ISO problem sounds serious.

Have you tried extracting the Video_TS folder from the ISO and attempt to play it?

This version still doesn’t work for me.

I have exact copies of the DVD on my hard drive and VOB files still stutter and lose the sound when playing over my local LAN. My unit is connected via a Gig switch! They have had plenty of time to fix this. I think it’s disgraceful and I am feeling ripped off!

I have had to go back to 1.02.21 firmware to get it working WTF WD!