New Firmware Release - Version 1.01.10 for WD Elements Play (10/27/10)

I have succesfully upgraded

Dowloaded firmware onto PC desktop and unzipped to desktop cabin.img

Put card reader with camera SD card into computer USB slot - it was a 32MB card that I had lying around

Formatted the card - full not quick

Copied the img file onto the card

WD EP ws in screensaver mode - put card reader in

Detected firmware - elected to upgrade Took about 30 seconds for bar to start moving then it moved along about 1/10 th and held at that for about 2 mins - however card reader was still flickering - the bar never did move fully across but I got a message saying I had successfully upgraded - checked this in the About page and I have

This unit is brand new to me - the mp4 playback seems better post upgrade but not as good as avi

Come on Western Digital, be serious. I have this media player from 3 months, and I’ve NEVER seen a firmware upgrade. This is totally unprofessional, and frustrating. The player itself is really expensive, and having troubles like unreadable subtitles or no DTS support (are you kidding? 200 or more $ for a player and you don’t even pay a royalty for DTS? And please don’t tell me it’s because the chip doesn’t support it…)  make me want to throw it out of the window…

Greetings everybody,

an unsatisfied customer.

Just like me: Very Unsatisfied!

F+%#!* !!!

I feel so stupid for trading my perfect WD HD TV for this lousy WD EP!

I am tired of waiting for a firmware that fix some stupid problems like the white, unshadowed subtitles, etc etc.

Western Digital had a reputation but launching crappy products as this they are losing a very good name in the market. If you do not support the most recent product you’ve launched… it means something.

I am going to sell this player and will buy the Xtreamer Prodigy as soon as it is released.

Bye WD, you’ve lost (another) customer.

You’re so right…