New Firmware Release - Version 1.01.10 for WD Elements Play (10/27/10)

I assumed that my problem was a problem of the new firmware release and not of the hardware of my WD elements.

Answering to Serkan, the first reply of WD support to my problem, was “try to change USB device”…very poor answer…like yours!

So, Serkan, did that advice work for you, or no?

obleix:

Unfortunately a poor answer.

Determined it gives persons, who do not proceed in accordance with guidance. But I tried really everything, I even bought 2 new USB sticks. That is thus not the problem.

Hello Tony, Unfortunately not. But I wrote back to the support that it didn’t functioned. So I (we) have to wait. Best regards Serkan

richUK

Don’t buy it.

I’m going to relegate mine to a storage device.

I happened to get the 2TB on pixmania for €199 so I can take the hit.

I have a Netgear EVA9150 which I would highly recommend.

I’ve also had a DVICO TivX P4000 which is still going strong after 2 ½ years.

The WDEP is a disappointing product.

You get what you pay for.

Hi everybody

I bought WD Ep 2 days ago and I tried to upgrade the firmware…and I failed.

I followed the correct procedure, the unit start to install the upgrade but after a few seconds an error-message appears…

Same product and same problem than serkan and obelix…someone of you have solved the problem?

Other question: when I try to play videos .MOV shot in HD with my photocamera (panasonic tz8), video is perfect but audio is heavy distorced…I don’t think it’s a problem of codec, in that case I could not hear anything…as I told audio is present but havy distorced, it seems like in “slow motion” …horrible.

Of course I’ve not partitioned, nor did anything…just unpacked, connceted to pc, saved some files and connected to TV with HDMI connection.

Someone can help me?

Regards and sorry for my rusty english…

try this

download last firmware and put on usb

put on WD turn off the WD next when WD turn on must detect the new firmware  i did this.

the other question i dont know.

sorry for my english

Give it back, if you can, and take a player without HD (the WD HD TV is good).

If you can’t, open a RMA because it is a hardware problem.

Thank you, I’ll try to give it back and take the WD HD TV,

UFFA!:manmad:

I did it

Unit detects new firmware, start to install…and than after few seconds fail and reboot wirh the old firmrware

obleix wrote:

Give it back, if you can, and take a player without HD (the WD HD TV is good).

If you can’t, open a RMA because it is a hardware problem. 

Obleix:  Is that confirmed?   In other words, did you RMA your device and the new one works?

Hi Guys,

We all need to petition WD for new firmware that works.

copy this list and add your name:

• ecciethetechie

I needed new HDD’s and I bought Seagate - WD you’ve lost a customer because of your silence…

ecciethetechie wrote:

I needed new HDD’s and I bought Seagate - WD you’ve lost a customer because of your silence…

How long has it been since you contacted Tech Support?

Yes. Yesterday I received my new WDEP (of 2 TB while my previous one was only 1 TB) and I successfully upgraded the firmware.

I agree on the poor answer by the support (because they do not know the reason of the problem) but I have to say that the RMA process works very well! Thanks for that.

Anyway the WDEP has still many problems (no wmv, the folder cannot be deleted, the TV must be always on, problem with mkv 1080p). Up to know I cannot recommend to buy the WDEP.

I bought WD because a colleague of mine was very happy of the WD HD TV, but I cannot say the same for WDEP.

regards.

Does anyone know anything about a new firmware, it been long since the last one, that by the way, wans’t that good.

Please WD help us PLEASE!!!

I have the problem “unable to detect the internal hard disk”. Last firmware 1.01.10. What happend?

How downgrade firmware or where can i get beta firmware?

Hi,

I have the same problem that another users to install the new  firmware upgrade:

“Update failed”. The media driver is unable to complete the upgrade process".

The WD support  indicated me that I should install the upgrade from the media disc directly…but  the same error message.

I tried with three diferents Pendrives and a USB external disc without result. 

Can you help me?

Thank you very much for your help and sorry for my english…:manvery-happy:

I also have a similar fail message on firmware upgrade.

After 10 seconds “Update Failed, Unable to complete firmware upgrade”

Unit is a 1TB WD Elements Play presently at FW 1.00.85 new out of the box.

I  can put my tv off while listening to music, but my tv is a portable sony dvd player (DVP- FX720) - set to input a video signal. You can lower the screen down, and the screen switches off. I know it is a very small lcd, but it is suitable for a bedroom, I did connect it to 19inch but even that had too much of a presence for the bedrrom. d-thinker.com