Network credentials are incorrect from my Windows 10 and i can't map again my shared units of my PR4100

After upgrading my PR4100 to OS5 i started to have problems to use my NAS as shared resources with my Windows. All my mapped units didn’t work (most probably because during OS5 i had to change the password) so i unmapped all of them to start the process from the beginning.

Now in my main PC, with Windows 10, i detect my PR4100 in the network, but the credentials are always incorrect when i try to access to it or map one of its units.

I tested in one old laptop with Windows 7, unmapped the units from my PR4100 and when connecting again them it was failing due to other error (80070035 if i remember well). I changed in my PR4100 from SMB3 to SMB1/SMB2 and i could access perfectly with my credentials. I have read that SMB1 is not recommended and i have configured only as SMB2. What is the recommended SMB protocol for being compatible with both W10 and W7?

So credentials are ok, because i can access to my PR4100 web page and because from my Windows 7 is also working.

I have changed the IP, the name, the password several times on my PR4100. I have cleaned many times credentials in Credential Manager. It still doesn’t work in my W10.

During my many tests in my problematic Windows 10, credentials are not correct when accessing my PR4100 using name or using IP. Sometimes the error says something like “The network folder specified is currently mapped using a different user name and password”.

I would like to know how i can check internal logs on my PR4100 to understand if such credential access is reaching my PR4100 or if it’s being rejected by my PR4100. I am trying to see some security events on my W10 but i don’t know how to interpret them, if the problem is in my W10 or if it’s in my PR4100. Other doubt is if there can be other credentials stored in any other places than Credential Manager in W10 that can be in conflict with another old username or password.

Thanks.

Solved. The solution is related with “Local Group Policy Editor:Local Computer Policy:Computer Configuration>Windows Settings>Security Settings>Security Options>Network security: LAN Manager authentication level” or from regedit HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa\LmCompatibilityLevel

From my many searches and tests during several days, i tested to change it from nothing (as it was my W10) to “Send LM & NTLM - use NTLMv2 session security if negotiated”, but it didn’t work.

But finally i saw the light with this post, [SOLVED] OS5 upgrade, no longer able to access PR2100 from Windows 10, CIFS: Authentication for user [user] has FAILED.

There are other options that work, as “Send NTLMv2 responses only” in my W7, or “Send NTLMv2 responses only. Refuse LM & NTLM” like in my other W10. I have selected finally this option.

So my conclusion is that after OS5 update we can need preferable to use NTLMv2, something that should be commented on “My Cloud OS 5: How to Update From My Cloud OS 3” Upgrade My Cloud OS 3 Firmware to My Cloud OS 5

1 Like