Network connection

mpgalloway wrote:

That is exactly correct. When the WD is powered off for a day, next time

it wants the Share path all over again.

Well, knowing that, i feel the fix can be near, lets cross the fingers!

Thanks

Still using my old cheap router and haven’t had to reset the passord or share in a few days.

Seems to be working OK?

Don’t know what to say?

Yup, I’m turning off my WDTVs completely after watching (power strip) and never have to reenter credentials after a booting it up the next day.

More troubleshooting with losing share connection after WD TV being turned off all night.

So, upgraded my older modem to a new DLNA HD streaming model from Netgear.  Also has gigabyte ethernet ports, and

the ability to reserve a MAC address in the LAN.

Not expensive.

My older modem did not have any of these features becasue they had not been invented yet :) 

So far so good.

When I went to use my WD TV tonight it has once again asked for my password to log onto the network:(

I then rebooted my server computer and WD TV logged me in automaticaly as it is supposed to the first time

with out asking me again for the password or where the network is?

My other computers and devices on the Windows network never have this problem. The new router shows the WD TV connected always. 

After the WD TV is powered off and sits overnight I have to reboot the server before turning on the WD TV?

This is a software “stay alive” network problem in the WD TV that needs to be troubleshooted. A  glitch!

Please put this at the top of the next firmware upgrade repair list.

OK here is a hint. When the network search  share arrow keeps going around not finding a share

perhaps it should shut off after a certain amount of time with a message like “no shares found”.

Keeps seraching and Instead it just goes forever.

Unplug the power to the WD TV and when it reboots it then finds the share

and loads the stored password without asking for it again.

A reboot to the WD TV brings it back from being lost.

I’ve done the homework, now please fix it.

I love this wonderful machine, this is the only problem I have with it.

Incredible that after 3 months the problem is still alive, is my second device from WD, but i feel that it will be last from WD(media player)!, i’m really ungry about to see a brick of 89 € near the TV that don’t serve for what they advertise.

I got tired of rebooting everytime I want to use my WD TV so, I found a fix that works for me.

Since I am streaming content from a Windows PC as a server I installed a better media server that WD TV also

recognizes and is very compatabile with. Mezzmo. Mezzmo’s working great, problems solved.

Windows Media Player 7 just did not work well with my WD TV. Not all media player software is equal, I did the homework

to find this one.   http://www.conceiva.com/products/mezzmo/

Mezzmo  has been certified to work with WD TV. It works perfect.

Now I’m very happy again!

Hi,  i ask to support my problem about network shares problem, they say to send me  a file named Network_Scanner_Win_1_1_0_10, but they forget to attach the file, i have asked again to re-send, but after 10 days no reply at all, anywone knows where to get?, maybe is faster than the WD support.

Thanks

After more than one month no new at all?, simply increible, take the money and run away!

Hi, after some talk with support, they have replaced my wdtv 2014 with a wdtv live gen 3, and all problems are gone, all was made in a very easy way, they send me the new device(recertified) and also a RMA with UPS with payed postage.

Now the new device remember always the login information on my network!

Thanks WD.

1 Like

that’s great … out of curiosity … what firmware did you get with the “used replacement” gen3 ?    

Setup  > About

Hi, i got the last firm installed( 2.02.32 ) as soon i get it, simply incredible, same hardware, but firmware in new device wd 2014 got bugs complicated to fix from WD, now even with older device i’m happy, will be great that WD makes a new 4K device with faster network and CPU.