Network access to Mycloud Home

My Cloud Home users, especially owners of the older, slower and less secured but more versatile ‘My Cloud’ are always trying to do a lot of network storage functions expected of a traditional NAS and being disappointed. WDC has tried to warn users that:

IMPORTANT35pxx45px Important:

The My Cloud Home Public Share is designed and implemented for Windows File Backup. It is not designed for local LAN storage access. Although is can be accessed on Windows and macOS, it was not designed to be used as local LAN storage. Please use WD Discovery and the User Private Space for your My Cloud Home content storage needs.

Since you are trying to use a Brother business scanner using unknown network protocol to store data to the My Cloud Home, it may or may not work in a business network with many (>5) concurrent users. No one knows what you have tried or not tried and probably not too many users here have your model of Brother AIO so your best course of action is still to contact Brothers or WD technical support directly as suggested above.

It doesn’t hurt to spend a few minutes reading about the change from MC to MCH from someone who knows about the other choices available: