Have not received coupon to aid in replacing mu Cloud OS3 device

Check your email including spam folders. WD set out repeated emails with the coupon code for their 20% discount. If you can search your email messages, search for: “As promised, here’s an exclusive 20% discount coupon”. In my case I received the coupon notification email’s on 1/18/22, 1/20/22, 2/3/22 and 2/10/22.

Really though one should review and seriously consider other manufactures like Synology or Qnap if one really wants to replace their My Cloud. Sometimes the “best deal” (i.e. the cheapest) is not necessarily the best NAS to buy as it will typically have fewer features and options than a NAS that might be a little more money. That 20% discount for some My Cloud users, like first gen single bay My Cloud owners, is basically worthless as the discount would only apply to either the 8TB My Cloud Home or 12TB My Book if one has a first gen single bay My Cloud. The My Cloud Home is generally considered a step down from the My Cloud and not a true NAS as it requires internet access in order to use it. And the My Book is a external USB hard drive not a network attached storage device.

Also note that generally the termination of OS3 support by WD will not affect local network access to one’s My Cloud. One will still be able to access their local network My Cloud just as they do today. It is WD supported remote access and future firmware updates that is being impacted (terminated). Local access is unaffected.

My Cloud OS3 End of Service
https://www.westerndigital.com/support/software/my-cloud-os/os3/os3-eos

Q: Will my device stop working if I can’t upgrade to My Cloud OS 5? Will I lose access to my data?
A: Once the services have been shut down, you will still be able to access the device on a local network. However, access through the My Cloud OS 3 mobile app or web app will not be possible. Email notifications also won’t be delivered. Devices that have auto-update enabled will receive a final firmware update to disable remote access and outbound traffic to cloud services. Then, support will end and you’ll have to use the local network to access the device.