Netflix Instant Queue Unavailable

mkelley wrote:

And did you try composite or component?

Only HDMI thus far. That worked fine for the last few weeks, and still works for networked content, as well as Youtube.

Same problem: “Sorry, your instant Queue is temporarily unavailable.”

New firmware alone didn’t get it.

De-autohrize and re-authorize didn’t get it.

Reset to factory default fixed it immediately.

WD and Netflix need to get their issues hammered out post haste. I was happy with my WD TV Live Plus for a month or so, but if this keeps up I’m going to post my experiences far and wide. Netflix is the #1 reason I bought the WD box and if Netflix doesn’t work the box has lost most of it’s value.

Joshua Skinner

Joshua_Skinner wrote:

Same problem: “Sorry, your instant Queue is temporarily unavailable.”

New firmware alone didn’t get it.

De-autohrize and re-authorize didn’t get it.

Reset to factory default fixed it immediately.

WD and Netflix need to get their issues hammered out post haste. I was happy with my WD TV Live Plus for a month or so, but if this keeps up I’m going to post my experiences far and wide. Netflix is the #1 reason I bought the WD box and if Netflix doesn’t work the box has lost most of it’s value.

Joshua Skinner

Yacolt, Washington

You can’t threaten WD, users have already posted negative experiences far and wide. In fact your comment is no doubt already on Google world wide.

It’s not a threat. If this problem persists I will pass along my experiences. That’s all there is to it. In my research most of the complaints about the WD TV Live Plus were from users attempting to use the box in ways that seemed somewhat unusual. If watching Netflix on this box is troublesome then WD has failed their main mission.

Are you running 1.04.10 firmware? I was under the impression this was fixed quite a while back. If you are, let us know…

The box is running 1.04.10_B firmware. The firmware upgrade alone did not fix the problem. After upgrading the firmware I still could not get anything on the Netflix menu other than: “Sorry, your instant Queue is temporarily unavailable.” I then deactivated the box via my PC and got… nothing. I saw only the same “Sorry, your instant Queue is temporarily unavailable.” I then restored the factory defaults, got straight in to the activation code, activated via my PC and my queue appeared as if nothing at all were the matter. If this problem does not recur I will be happy. If I experience the problem again I will be perturbed.

Joshua, please keep us updated.   And if it happens again, jog our memory by referring back to this post.

My theory is that if the “Unavailable” problem happens, and it’s not corrected BEFORE the firmware is upgraded, the upgrade itself will NOT fix the problem once it’s started, that is, it won’t RESTORE your queue.  Once it’s gone, it’s gone.   The upgrade will only PREVENT it from happening in the first place.

The queue wasn’t gone. I could access it on my PC the whole time. Once I reset the TV Live Plus to factory defaults the queue reappeared. Hopefully the new firmware will keep the problem from returning.

You’re quite correct.   Your queue wasn’t REALLY gone.   What was gone was the Live’s ability to find it, and that’s what sources that error.