Netflix Instant Queue Unavailable

Ugh.

I just ran into this issue myself.

The device was working fine for 2 weeks and then it got stuck with the error message.

As others, I’ve managed to fix it by resetting the device, but now it happened again less than 24 hours after it happened the first time.

I know you guys are working on the issue, but PLEASE make it quick.

I’m having similar issues as well…  but here’s my scenario.  Bought the WDTVLP a couple of weeks ago, hard ethernet line to router.  Worked great, tho not wirelessly, so ordered a “supported” wireless dongle, but it was too flaky to stay connected all the time so I used an old linksys router I had in a box and set it up as a wireless bridge and that worked much better. 

My primary problem relates to Netflix, as of now for some reason I ONLY have access to the Netflix queu, I cannot navigate to the other genre tabs.  Pressing the “up” button on the remote from the queu is unresponsive, but I can flick sideways and shuffle thru what’s already in the queu.  It WAS working early on when I first bought the box.  SO, I bought a 2nd box for another room in the house, reconnected the original one via hard line to the main router, and installed the 2nd one in the other room with the wireless bridge.  Setup was a breeze, and it connected/worked fine, but right out of the box it would not navigate out of the Netflix queu and I can’t navigate genres on either box.  Weird. 

Then today, while both boxes were in use, they both stopped working (the Netflix portion only), and subsequent attempts to log back in to Netflix were met with “Cannot connect to Netflix, please try again later”.  SO I called Netflixs’ support line, and they were able to verify that I was not restricted in any way from their end and there were no outages that would be affecting me (He DID say to ensure that TCP ports 80 & 443 were not disabled or blocked in the router setup as those are what Netflix apparently uses.).  So, I went to the newest box connected to the bridge, unplugged, depressed the reset button, plugged back in and after it finished booting up, it connected to Netflix without the errors, but still ONLY the queu.  The older box started working as well at the same time, but with the same limitation on Netflix.  Does this sound like  something anyone else can relate to?  If it happens again, my next option will be to reset the main router and start over with my setup.

Here’s a little update for anybody following this.  After my last post I kept thinking about it and just decided to re-flash my main router (there was an updated firmware available), then set it back up the way it was before I flashed it, hooked back up to the older wdtvlp box and now I have full access to netflix and all the genre tabs.  I then went to the new box connected to the bridge, ran the auto setup for the network, then accessed Netflix and same story.  As of right now, everything’s working as advertised (both boxes).  I will not change ANY of my settings now that it’s working and we’ll see if the thing goes wonky again.  Further bulletins as events warrant. 

This error popped up for me yesterday. I’ve had the Plus for about 1 month, and have been able to watch Netflix occasionally with no problem. When I got the message that my queue was not available, I waited as it suggested, and tried again an hour later. Same thing. I checked Netflix on my pc, and everything looked good, my Instant Queue showed up as normal.

I finally searched here, and saw this has been happening to others. I tried the other suggestions mentioned here, but nothing worked. So I did the Factory reset. I was not able to do the reset using the button on the side of the box, instead, I had to use the menu “Restore to Factory Default.” That fixed it as others reported, but then I had to go in and input all my usernames and passwords for the other services, along with reauthorizing my box on Netflix. Not a major pain, but a pain none the less. This is the kind of thing that makes spouses despise new technology. It never works consistently. Luckily, my wireless keyboard worked perfectly, and inputting was much easier.

I hope this is fixed, along with the Live365 access problem as was promised for the upcoming firmware update. I hope this comes along soon, as there are problems with this box.  It seems they just rushed the Plus out without being fully tested, perhaps to get a jump on competition. If this box was the just “Live” with Netflix added, why  is it having these problems already?

mooreman wrote:

Here’s a little update for anybody following this.  After my last post I kept thinking about it and just decided to re-flash my main router (there was an updated firmware available), then set it back up the way it was before I flashed it, hooked back up to the older wdtvlp box and now I have full access to netflix and all the genre tabs.  I then went to the new box connected to the bridge, ran the auto setup for the network, then accessed Netflix and same story.  As of right now, everything’s working as advertised (both boxes).  I will not change ANY of my settings now that it’s working and we’ll see if the thing goes wonky again.  Further bulletins as events warrant. 

I can assume that you’re likely running something like Open WRT or 3rd party firmware in your router if you’re reflashing it… do you have anything in your router labeled “Http Resume” or similar? I had a Netflix issue with my system and found that in Untangle (my router/firewall) that setting upsets Netflix, unchecking it and I was back online.

Miguel

This Netflix Instant Queue Unavailable just hit my one month old WD plus (using latest firmware). I know my network and Netflix works fine becuase I checked to see if our Wii was able to get to the queue and it was. I first tried to de-authorize and that did not work, the WD plus did not give me a new code just the queue unavailable error. I then reset the unit (thank god I am not on a wireless network) and had everything working again. I got a new Netflix code and authorized it and now it works. The only thing different I did yesterday from any other day was I left the unit on over night.

This problem has happened to me at least 4 times over the past few months I’ve owned my Plus. I decided to upgrade to the lastest Beta firmware and after a successful upgrade, my Live365 problem seemed to be fixed, but I got the Netflex queue unavailable error.

This is crazy, Netflex was the main reason I got the Plus, and I have to go through this reset and reinput all my user information a few times a month! Come on WD, why is this happening and why wasn’t it fixed in the newest firmware? I am so disappointed in this product.

JohninLA, just to be clear:   This problem happened on the new firmware AFTER installing it, and also having been able to access NetFlix AFTER installing it?

And in addition to what Tony’s asking, did you do a complete reset of your Live (including re-entering all your network info) after your firmware upgrade (usually always necessary)?  You’ll also have to re-authorize Netflix.

I haven’t used Netflix for a few days. I wanted to install the new firmware to see if it fixed my Live365 problem. I followed the firmware install instructions. I saw the Live365 problem was fixed, then hit Netflix. That’s when I got the error. I then reset the box, and re-entered all the user info, including the Netflix re-authorization, and it’s working again.The firmware upgrade instructions didn’t say you needed to reset the box. I know now from reading it here. They should include that in the instructions.

I didn’t see anything in the firmware release notes that seemed to address the Netflix queue problem, but I hoped it was fixed behind the scenes.

JohninLA wrote:

I haven’t used Netflix for a few days. I wanted to install the new firmware to see if it fixed my Live365 problem. I followed the firmware install instructions. I saw the Live365 problem was fixed, then hit Netflix. That’s when I got the error. I then reset the box, and re-entered all the user info, including the Netflix re-authorization, and it’s working again.The firmware upgrade instructions didn’t say you needed to reset the box. I know now from reading it here. They should include that in the instructions.

I didn’t see anything in the firmware release notes that seemed to address the Netflix queue problem, but I hoped it was fixed behind the scenes.

Its not always necessary to do a complete reset of the unit but we have found that it sometimes solves a multitude of problems. Its also about the only thing a user can do.

I’ve been using a WD LiveTV Plus with no issues for about 3 weeks. All of the sudden I started having the Netflix Queue Unavailable error a few days ago. I tried the deactivation process to no avail. Now the box can’t even connect to Netflix after a factory reset.

I’ve had no problems connecting to netflix with my iPad, PS3, or Tivo. I’m on the verge of selling this POS box and going with something else. Anyone want to suggest something else and talk me off this ledge?

Welcome to the forums.

First things first – make sure your network connections are okay.  Test out Youtube and see if you can see things there just fine.

Let’s assume they are.  If you are using HDMI try using a composite or component connection and see if that makes any difference.

Which deactivation process?   Did you try the one in the FAQ section 4J?

http://community.wdc.com/t5/General-Discussions/WDTV-FAQ/m-p/32135#U32135

I had been watching Netflix pretty steadily for the last week while I was sick, last night I finished a movie, went to resume another I was half done with, and got the “Queue Unavailable” message. I just shook my head and read an eBook until the flu meds knocked me out.

I’ve had this issue a couple times, and once on the unit I got for my Ex and her family, I fixed it by the Reset / De-Auth / Re-Auth steps before I knew that was the “Official” fix … not going to start a big rant or anything, but if you say you are going to fix something in a firmware update from almost 4 months ago, it should be fixed.

According to this post, Netflix itself is confirmed as having service issues yesterday.  Perhaps this explains your outage, perhaps your unit was just misbehaving again.

http://community.wdc.com/t5/Firmware/WDTV-Live-Plus-Limited-Public-Beta-1-03-39-B-9-9-10/m-p/62312#M4888

PixelPower wrote:

According to this post, Netflix itself is confirmed as having service issues yesterday.  Perhaps this explains your outage, perhaps your unit was just misbehaving again.

http://community.wdc.com/t5/Firmware/WDTV-Live-Plus-Limited-Public-Beta-1-03-39-B-9-9-10/m-p/62312#M4888

Thanks for the info. I’ll try again tonight when I get home.

I hadn’t had any issues with my iPad or Tivo yesterday, but I’ll still give it another shot.

TonyPh12345 wrote:

Which deactivation process?   Did you try the one in the FAQ section 4J?

http://community.wdc.com/t5/General-Discussions/WDTV-FAQ/m-p/32135#U32135

Yes I tried the Konami code deactivation, but couldn’t get it to show any signs of life.

mkelley wrote:

Welcome to the forums.

First things first – make sure your network connections are okay.  Test out Youtube and see if you can see things there just fine.

Let’s assume they are.  If you are using HDMI try using a composite or component connection and see if that makes any difference.

I tested Youtube, and no problems there.

And did you try composite or component?