so I just bought this device. I connect to my computer to set it up. I have a DJI Phantom 4, it came with a 16gb sandisk microSD card. I use an SD sd card to insert the microSD card. Please note, my computer can read files off this SD card adapter to microSD with no issues, so I know it works. but when I insert into the mypassport wireless it fails.
- I turn on the mypassport wireless, wait for blue power light to appear and the blue wireless light comes on, both are solid.
- I insert the sd adapter which has the microSD card in it
- a few seconds later the wifi single starts blinking white
- i connect my iphone to the mypassport wirless
- i launch the mycloud app
- i go to settings > devices- my passport > SD card > and see its name there
the progress meter remains at 0%, i never copies anything at all, it just sits there.
so i’m wondering whats the compatability? I’m now thinking it wont work with a sandisk SD adapter??
so how can I Backup my microSD files? why wont it read the microSD via the SD adapter?
do you offer one thats compatible?
i’m running latest firmware as on Aug 13 2016
Can anyone help me pls, anyone have this issue?
I have inserted my 64gb SD sandisk card, and it backs that up fine but it corrupts the card. i know this because when i insert the card back into my sony a7rII the camera has to rebuild the data image. This issue is only caused by the WD drive, if I use my computer to read files of the 64gb, no problem putting it back into camera.
my guess there is some kind of incompatibility. meaning I have no way what so ever to backup my pictures off the microSD card!!!