MyCloud stay disk offline impossible to use after Setup

Hello
I’m trying to figure out what I’m supposed to do or be able to do after MyCloud setep, creation of user and a share
Now there is nothing I can do with my new drive

• Impossible to copy anything from my local network to the drive (installed on the same network)

• Impossible to login to Mycloud (Drive OffLine)

• Is there something that I’m missing

• Or is it an Hardware defect ?

NB : I’m on Windows 10 and my Drive is connected on the network Router of my Internet Provider (BBox Proximus)
Thanks for any help

Hi,

Verify that Network Discovery settings is enabled.
I would also suggest you perform a ‘System Only’ restore on your WD My Cloud to start from scratch. Then follow the steps below:

Joined forum 5 December. Already a moderator. Posting helpful replies

Are you WD Staff? If so; welcome. But you might identify yourself as such…

Thank you Feragui
Yess your suggestion brigs me one step forward !
I can at least opent the drive from a computer on my local network now

But login with mycloud.com still seems to be a problem !
I will try to understand what to do for what !

But I’m still under the impression that MyCloud was not the best choice … it seems to be an hermetic environment
Even simple drag & drop with that twonky interface popping up becomes something “exotic” and uncomfortable
Hopefully I have my lovely Total Commander that do not add unusefull layer for simply copying files !

It sounds like you are hitting the wrong element in MyComputer if the Twonky UI is popping up; the MyCloud appears as three entities in MyComputer; the file server, the Dashboard UI and the Twonky UI. For file operations, you need to access the file server.

I’d strongly advise you to download and read the user manual. In particular, read about how to map Shares as network drives; then you can access the drive like any other named drive on your PC.

The MyCloud is not a ‘hermetic environment’; it can be integrated seamlessly into Windows file system, and needs no WD software to access it locally. For remote access, again, it would be instructive to read the user manual to learn how to set up the MyCloud, and access it remotely. Having bought a second device, it took me about ten minutes to have it set up, from first applying power.

Thank you cpt_paranoia

Indeed from the PC I’ve used to launch the Setupe I can see now a drive named “Public” with the WD factory path and Some added by me using TotalCommander on the same PC

I can see also in the Network folder
WSMycloud in MediaDevice : this will Open Twonky
WDMycloud in Storage : this will open the Dashboard

I’ve created another “Share” like “Public” but this one is not visible at all !

But this is on the machine used to do the Setup !
For obscure reason I can’t see that “Public” drive from another machine on my network
This is however the first goal no ? otherwise a simple USB drive on the local machine is enough.
At least from the other machine I can see the two WDMycloud to open twonky or the Dashboard. But no way to acces the files from Explorer !

Ok I will download and read the user manual but for now I cant say that WDMycloud is user friendly ad easy to setup
This is a pain !
Luckily I could find some help here. Thanks to everybody !
Otherwise I would have already abandoned and returned this small nightmare (since 4 days now)
Anyway if I will not be able to see my drive on my local network at least and hopefully internet before Christmas I will definitely give-up and try something else (some seems to have very nice UI reputation)