Mycloud software installs unrequested Bonjour Apple sofware

This does remind me that I find the User Manual to be rather shambolic, in that it doesn’t make it clear that WD offer a plethora of methods to setup, access and maintain the MyCloud, not to mention photo apps, etc.

If all you want is local access, then I think everything can be done via the HTML Dashboard.

If you blindly followed all the steps in the manual, you’d end up installing a whole lot of unnecessary software.  For instance, installing the remote access s/w is covered quite early on, and is pretty pointless for a desktop computer…  I installed it, thinking I needed it simply to access my NAS locally.  Of course, I don’t; that’s much simpler.  Probably just as well, as the remote access UI appears as white text on a white background, so is unusable…

The manual needs attention from an editor who isn’t intimately familiar with the operation, and doesn’t ‘know too much’…  Start with basics of getting it connected to your network, getting files to and from it, and then clearly explain the remote access options.