My wd elements 2tb show in device manager and disk management but not show in my computer

my wd elements 2tb show in device manager.

and also show in disk management unknown not initalized

but can not show in this pc
i can’t acecss my drvie . i can’t copy data
please help me

Hi smartymms,

Is the drive showing up in the disk management?

Smartymms, exactly the same issue here, with a MyPassport 2Tb. Did you get anywhere?

no. custome care says please change it

yes it’s show

Hi smartymms,

Sorry, I missed the screenshot of the disk management. As it shows the disk is not initialized so you have to initialize the disk and in the process of initialization the drive would format.

NOTE: Formatting is data destructive and cannot be undone.

Actually in my case the drive seems to initialize OK. Just can’t see access it, nor does it seem to have a drive letter assigned.

Hi Doumi86,

You can assign the drive letter to the drive, right click on the healthy (Primary Partition) and click on change drive letter and paths. If the option is greyed out then you have to reformat the drive as your half of the drive is unallocated.

Thanks Alex. Greyed out indeed so reformatting it has to be. Do you mind giving me the step-by-step to do this?
Many thanks.

Hi Doumi86,

Please refer to the link given belown in order to know how to format the drive.

Cheers, thanks.

I have the same issue with my 2tb ext. hard drive. I literally have almost 2tb’s of data stored on drive; years of movies, pictures, documents and music that can not be replaced. Is there any way that the data can be retrieved from the drive?