My Passport Ultra 1TB not Initializing

Bill_S wrote:

Gaming wrote:

Tons of similar problems for which WD doesn’t have concrete proven solution - see this post  WD My Passport 1TB let’s hope they are doing R&D to resolve this issue or may be an issue of quality control?

There is no solution to data corruption.  I posted in your other thread with some direction.  However, just so you know, I own two of these, one from when it first came out, and I have never had any issues with the drives.  And I throw data around on them daily.  You just always have to remember to safely remove them.  Just jerking out the cable, especially after having copied to the drive, is a major no-no.

Furthermore, relying on one drive to hold all your data is also a major no-no.  You need to always keep your important data in at least 2 locations.  I tend to use three.

Did you really go through my thread? How did you ascertain data corruption? By the way I do understand the complications that may occur when the drive isn’t safely removed - this is very basic and simple

I am repeating here once again (as it’s already mentioned in original post) “Yes, my main concern is data, though 90 -95% is on multiple drives, but losing even 5 to 10% is painful!”