My Passport is not detected in my computer

I had this problem before, But after download this application

http://www.wdc.com/wdproducts/wdsmartwareupdate/firmware.asp?id=wdfMP30_SEEssential&os=WIN

and update my passport’s Firmware it gone

and now it works nice.

Hard to believe, but this fixed mine! Western Digital Community

I am having the same problem, and it seems like my world is turned upside down. I suddenly can not access my drive and it contains very very very valuable piece of work that I don’t even want to think of recreating…I may not be able even if I  try.

Usually when i plug it in, it takes few second and it is ready to be accesssed, now when i plug it my computer is trying to detect it but with hardware detection noice but it does not appear. What can I do?

Any help (urgently) to recover these file will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Newington

Hii. My WD Passport does not show up even in the Disk management. I need all my files, so I’m not in a position to format it. Here’s a screenshot of what i see… It shows up in Device Manager, and all the drivers are up to date. I just don’t know what the problem is. Please help…

also i am facing the same problem, and it contains very important files to me

anyone can help please 

I am facing problems with WD Passport 500GB since a long time. Immediately after buying, I repartitioned in to 3 partitions. 217 GB, 217 GB and 28GB. And used WD Smartware to secure it. Every thing was working well until one day it showed unlock prompt and despite successfully entering password and not receiving any password error, it was not showing any drive at all. However the disk drive was detectable by  disk management. I tried removing wd sec driver, put that drive in a new fresh install of windows 7, windows xp, but in vain. I gave up on it and tried to format but format also required password to unlock first. I was like **bleep** is wd.

A month or 2 later, while not touching that drive I decided to try it one more time. N you will not believe that i got it back. My first reaction was to unsecure the drive. 2ndly i backedup all important data in my PC. Some months went without any trouble,

One day i was watching a movie on my SONY Bravia and suddenly sony rebooted. I replayed my movie and watched the remaining part without any trouble. On the same day, I connected the drive to win 7x64 bit ultimate to copy some movies but the explorer was showing only the 1st partition (28GB) and showing big partitions as healthy but without disk drive letter being assigned. I tried to assign it but it said that 

“The operation failed to complete because the Disk management console view is not up-to-date. Refresh the view by using the refresh task. If the problem persists close the Disk management console, then restart Disk management or restart the computer.”

I also tried the to see properties but it is not allowig to date. I tried the same hdd on another computer running windows 7 and same problem arrived. Here comes the silly part. I got a random thought and tried it in sony bravia and all my partitions were fully accessable. Then i tried windows xp and YUPPPP! my partitions are fully accessable in windows xp.  This is the situation up till now since 2 months. I am again waiting for a miracle so that my drive partitions will be accessable in Windows 7 too. I tried different pc / laptops running win 7 but it is only showing the 28GB partition.

I am also trying to attach screenshots in this reply for your reference, ANy help will be much appreciated. The WD support is of no help as they keep telling me childish basic steps instead of focusing on the root of the problem,

The images are those which i uploaded to RMA Case in support. I am still facing the same issue. The only difference is I unlocked the drive permanantly when accidently got the chance.