My My Book Live 3Tb suddenly can't be accessed by my WD TV SMP

After months of accessing MBL from my WD TV SMP happily suddenly it won’t recognise anonymous to log in to MBL.

Also my access from my desktop asks for a password. I have tried all passwords I can think off but I can’t access my NAS.

Has anyone any idea what is going on?

I have copied about 2Tb of movies to it so am anxious what has happened! Hopefully it isn’t dead and needs to be replaced under warranty. :frowning:

I am doubly screwed because my WD TV SMP automatically goes to the MBL which won’t allow access so locks into “cannot access the content” loop so won’t look at any other inputs. :frowning:

Help please.

Try following this guide to factory restore the MBL without deleting the data. You will have to recreate your shares in the dashboard to get access to the data again so write down all your shares listed in the dashboard before you start the guide.

http://community.wd.com/t5/My-Book-Live/GUIDE-Fix-Dashboard-Errors-3xxxx/m-p/513954#M16581

1 Like

I was all ready to try the factory restore without reformating when I thought “as a last resort, why don’t I just try the NAS on another port on the modem?”

I did! And it worked!!!

I now have access from my computer AND my WD TV SMP. :slight_smile:

Don’t ask me how or why. :smiley: