My Cloud OS5 - Indexing taking forever

I am with you. I have done the same. Someone at WD needs to something about this NOW. My ex2 ultra is probably going to melt.

I have disabled the cloud access but RAM usage still high.

I am seriously losing interest in WD products and response.

2 Likes

This is pretty bad really. My drives are still rattling along ranging between 33Ā°c and 39Ā°c
I would have thought a question could have been asked at the beginning ā€˜do you want to re-indexā€™
I have a feeling if Iā€™d had more RAM on the PR4100 Iā€™d have not had so many lengthy problems.
Iā€™ve just ordered 16GB RAM, should help some aspect of the beast.
I to am having problems logging in, even though it is all set up and I cut and paste the information into the PR4100 when logging on. Sometimes no problems but more often than not since the OS5 Iā€™m having problems.
I need more information (different ticket) about iSCSI setup to see if I can see it in W10. No luck so far.
Regards
Princy557

Same here. Seriously, itā€™s already 3 days and itā€™s taking forever.
Mobile App would take 15 mins to load root folders and there is no way to access more than root directory.
Update makes mycloud drive useless.
Other issue: autoback doesnā€™t let you select directory other than root directories.

1 Like

thatā€™s surprisingā€¦my ex2 ultra is still indexing (5th day) but I can use my data without any problem. I can watch videos and copy-paste new data without any hassle

I have read here that some people need a CPU of 80-100% for 1TB more than 5 days and ram also 60-100% and what do I need then for 24TB 120 days, i.e. 3 months, the device is definitely broken. You can replace that for me because you are responsible for the restoration of the data.

Same here, indexing is taking forever. I tried stopping and disabling it using the SSH commands that seemed to have worked for many people under the old OS, but they donā€™t work anymoreā€¦

One question: When I manually shut down the MyCloud and turn it back on, does the indexing pick up at the point where it stopped or does it begin again, right from the start?

Very good question, thereā€™s no way to easily understand it.

I disabled the web access on all shares and enabled SMB for local access and TimeMachine backups.

Iā€™m not even trying to enable web access back until this issue is fixed.

This is very hilarious, WD should take immediate action.

1 Like

https://support-en.wd.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/29836

You can switch off indexing by deactivating Mobile & Web App Access. But that also means the indexing starts all over again when you reactivate Mobile & Web App Access or when you restart the server

I am amazed that there is absolutely no comment from WD in this topic. They host this community right?.

oh over 6 days and still indexing!

1 Like

What disk size do you have? I made yesterday update, and now waitingā€¦

5 days and still indexing, I have lost several days of useable work time.
Canā€™t see any coherrent response from WD on this matter, why are they hiding?
I am furious, class action anyone?

3 Likes

My 10 year old could design more robust software than this.

4 Likes

I just hope that it finish.

This is not a solution, this is a temporary workaround for a critical issue.

I should be able to switch indexing on/off by folder or file type, otherwise it makes no sense.

Good luck mate. It really depends on the file numbers rather than file size.

You may have 2TB of 300 mkv movies and it will be hundred times faster than indexing 1GB of 20.000 images.

That being said, itā€™s ridiculous that even ico and png files get indexed. Why the heck would I need ico images to be shown on the cloud?

Thanks for that info. Than I can expect long process, I have a lot of photos on drive. :upside_down_face:
I hope that indexing brings us then faster remotely browsing.

good question I really donā€™t know either. I have more than 210,000 pictures, videos and music content. now you can imagine how many icons it takes. which also waste storage space.

Still running like a demented thingā€¦ Only difference is it now just says connected.
Temperatures still rise and fall 33Ā°c and 39Ā°c All four 4TB drives LEDā€™s flickering blue . and lots of rattling of the drives (normal sounds)
I donā€™t have a problem of it happening, but it would have been nice to know if there was a way of making it at my time, not the PR4100ā€™s (indexing on/off maybe. Also what files to be indexed.
I have photoā€™s back to the 60ā€™s right through till now on there.
Does WD ever come on here and comment???
Regards Princy557