My Cloud is not showing up on the network

I’m going out of my mind at this problem!

I’m trying to setup the My Cloud desktop item and cannot find the network device despite having both the My Cloud on with solid blue light and my router is on and operational. Both are connected via ethernet cable.

Very strange as I have managed to set it up online using the absolutely rubbish card (no user manual) using the my cloud.com/setup site. I can access the dashboard fine online, but cannot see it on my Finder nor can I see the device or setup the desktop icon on my Mac.

Someone please explain what the heck is going on as I’ve been trying to get it working for weeks!!

I’ve experienced this problem, for weeks! Time Machine cannot find WDMyCloud. I’ve obtained support from WD and Apple. TM would do one backup but fail on subsequent backups. The bottom line, for my computer and my configuration, turned out to be simply shutting down and then restarting the system. All the other stuff like recycling the router, reseting the Mycloud, entering various commands through Terminal and then restarting the computer were not needed. Restarting the computer eliminated the error, at least so far.

I know how to fix it now.

1. Install the Sync and Access software, even it says can not find device.
  2. Go to http://wdmycloud/UI/, and update the firmware.
  3. After you updated the firmware, your Sync application is able to detect the device automatically.

Done!

I had this problem too . you can update your router firmware. worked for me.