My Cloud Home Update Broke Plex Access

Ditto on the Plex plugin disappearing from the Do More option. It’s been about 6 weeks since I been able to use my MyCloud Home and Plex - waste of money. I have sent screenshots and logs to WD and no response.

Still no response…

Same problem. Was working fine for 2 years. I guess we will need to change brand of NAS.

Well, I heard there was another update coming, but so far, no fix on mine…

Got the new 10. Update but still doesn’t appear. The WD support just send through the 4 bullet point ideas, nothing works.

It’s now gone from the “Do More With MyCloud Home” page, too:

Apparently there was another software update today, and Plex is back!

Is your Plex working? I log into Plex account but server never shows up.

WMC software version 8.11.0-113 Plex version 1.25.9.5752

Does this work now for anyone? Still have got the Plex option on Do More

Not working for me either. Have updated everything as much as possible and powered down and restarted hard drive. Plex not appearing under Do More. I only ever have had one account registered to this device.

only available on the admin account

If on settings you are able to restart or shut down it, you are the main one, if not try to search for the procedure to regain the admin rights

Have just spent the last 90 mins trying to do this and every HELP page I look to gives directions to options that are just not visible on the mycloudhome web app.
No i have no option to restart of shut down from the mycloudhome web app. No i have no other accounts set up. No, I cannot regain the admin rights as the instructions on how to do this are nowhere to be found.
Please help.

OK. A really old work email address that would not have used as the admin somehow became the admin account. I’ll try and sort from there and set back to my everyday email address.

And now there seems no way to swap Admins. Looks like I’d need to reset entire device, losing all data and set up from fresh. Thats great.

Page 26, Remove a Device Owner

There you go

1 Like

This is the same issue I am facing right now. I did contact the WD support via chat and they are not even able to understand that such an issue exists. Safe to say, it hasn’t got resolved yet. (Plex option is not showing up under ‘Do More’, that’s the issue.)

PS: Have been using Plex on the same device for more than 4 years with no problems.

The only way I managed to fix it was wiping all files and starting from scratch. It was painful but it worked.

Sent on my Google Pixel 6