My Cloud Home says "Device is Offline" after receiving notice drive was updated

I‘ve had email and phone contact with the german wd support yesterday and today. I‘ll get an email with instructions later today. Maybe i can try to fix the Problem this evening, maybe tomorrow. I‘ll let you know if it works. Greetings, Tom

1 Like

My Home Duo has been doing the same for about a week after an update of some sort. I have been trying to get this sorted through their on-line support - total rubbish as WD seem to be blaming everything else other than themselves. I have 10 years worth of data that I cannot access!

1 Like

todos ficaremos muito agradecidos se der certo. muito obrigado

Hi again all together!

I didn‘t try the instructions yesterday, sorry, but 5 Minutes ago i tried to access to my WD Duo Home via phone app - and…it works. I‘m possible to access to all my data! I never turned power off or try something else since the update night 22./23.1. - the disks were working all the time. It seems like migrating Data (~ 4,5 TB)I‘ll post you the instructions which i got from the WD-Support in extra post. Greetings, Tom

Here are the instructions i get from WD-Support (only in german, sorry - try google-Translator :wink:) - Good luck!!! Greetings, Tom:

Vielen Dank, dass Sie sich an den Kundendienst und Support von Western Digital gewandt haben. Ich heiße Stefan S.

• Wenn Ihr Gerät von Ihrem Windows / Mac-Computer nicht erkannt wird, befolgen Sie die Anweisungen in diesem Artikel.

My Cloud Home nicht erkannt oder nicht gefunden von Windows oder Mac OS Computer:

https://support-en.wd.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/6231/lg/de

Zusätzlich überprüfen Sie:
My Cloud Home Betriebs-LED Leuchtverhalten:

https://support-en.wd.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/18042/lg/de

Wenn das Anliegen besteht senden Sie mir bitte unbedingt folgende Protokolldateien:

Das System protokolliert Ihr My Cloud Home-Gerät. Unter dem folgenden Link finden Sie Anweisungen zum herunterladen Ihrer My Cloud Home System Protokolldateien:

Wie sammle ich die My Cloud Home Debug Protokolldateien:
https://support-en.wd.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/6746/lg/de

Vielen Dank für Ihre freundliche Zusammenarbeit!

Wir würden uns freuen, wenn Sie sich ein paar Sekunden Zeit nehmen könnten, um Ihre Meinung zu Ihrer Erfahrung abzugeben. Sie erhalten in Kürze eine Einladung zu unserer Umfrage per E-Mail.

boa tarde!!!
recebi contato da WD Brasil e me passaram exatamente estas instruções, eles querem ver os arquivos de log do dispositivo, já coletei e encaminhei ao suporte, e um processo bem simples, vou continuar no aguardo, assim que me posicionarem postarei aqu.

saudações.

1 Like

Após a WD requisitar os logs do dispositivo mais ou menos 4 horas ele voltou a ficar acessível! , agora vou correr para copiar todos os dados dele pois não vou confiar mais nissoWD_Discovery

Fico feliz em saber que você tem acesso aos seus dados novamente. O funcionário de suporte da WD que tive ao telefone me garantiu que a perda de dados é impossível, pois o dispositivo pode ser revertido para uma versão anterior a qualquer momento e, portanto, é perceptível sem que ocorra perda de dados. Espero que ele esteja certo sobre isso no futuro também …:wink: Mas também salvarei meus dados em outro disco rígido para segurança.

I have the same problem.
They never informed me about the update they were going to make. I did not have the possibility to extract data before the update.

entre em contato com o suporte para que registrem seu caso , poste as conversas do blog demonstrando que é com certeza problema na atualização, tenho certeza que irão resolver.
abraços

Hello, I am also desperate for some help pls.

For some reasons, MyCloudDuo device has “suddenly” gone offline. I’ve not been able to access it on my mobile devices or desktop for some weeks now… the drives are simply “offline”.

At first I thought it’s the ISP causing problems, and have since changed ISP - but the “offline” still persists. The Device seems to be working, as I can see the steady and regular “white heartbeat”, and UTP connectors blinking frantically through the router. I’ve also “reinstalled” the app but to no success.

WD support has been most dismal and not been very helpful, as;

1. I would like confirmation first, if there’s an issue with their cloud hosting service? 2. Also, I’m unable to understand why they are unable to check the status of my login account, to check if all is in order, especially as I have provided the logs?
  2. How do I send this to a WD service Centre for onsite assistance to check on the casing or HDD, in order to decide on next recovery steps?

Appreciate if someone from the Community can please help.

Thank you and much appreciated in advance.

Hi there, i feel exactly the same as u.

Wonder if the Community help with a step-by-step guide for us to extract our data to another personal HDD?

Hi -

I have encountered the same problem. How did you go with the data recovery company? Where they able to recover your data?

I have 17 years of family photos, business files and other important data and I hope to be able to get it back.

Please let me know how you went with the data retrieval?

Has anyone gotten the problem resolved? I wrote WD help desk but unfortunately got the exact same email that coptom received and this did not help at all.

I’ve got the same problem.
The device is offline and when I try to access it through the browser I got an “Update in Progress” message.
I really need to access my files. All my work is there!!
How long will this update last??

I have the same issue from mid June. Tried changing cable, restarting multiple times, leave off for 24 hours and trying again.

Oddly when I switched it back on, I got an email saying the mycloud had updated its firmware yet it’s supposed to be off line?

Has anyone found a solution yet! Mine has been offline for over a year and I would like to get my old files back. This is so frustrating.

I got an Email a view Days ago, maybe this update next month will fix you‘re Problems??? (translation to english at the bottom)

Anstehende My Cloud™ Home-Firmwareaktualisierung

Image36x4

In den nächsten Monaten werden die Firmware und das Betriebssystem von My Cloud™ Home und My Cloud™ Home Duo-Geräten aktualisiert. Die Aktualisierung verbessert die Sicherheit und Zuverlässigkeit der Geräte.

Sie beinhaltet auch Änderungen bei den Produktivitätsanwendungen. Channels DVR, Instagram™-, Box™-, OneDrive™- und Alexa-Integrationen werden nicht mehr unterstützt. Andere Produktivitätsanwendungen müssen neu installiert werden. Weitere Informationen finden Sie in den Häufig gestellten Fragen.

Wir registrieren gerade Early Adopter, die einen Limited Public Release der neuen Firmware nutzen möchten. Wenn Sie an diesem Programm teilnehmen möchten, wechseln Sie zu unserem Registrierungsformular, um mehr zu erfahren und sich zu bewerben.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Ihr My Cloud-Team

Pending My Cloud™ Home firmware update
The firmware and operating system of My Cloud™ Home and My Cloud™ Home Duo devices will be updated over the next few months. The update improves the security and reliability of the devices.

It also includes changes to the productivity applications. Channels DVR, Instagram™, Box™, OneDrive™ and Alexa integrations are no longer supported. Other productivity applications will need to be reinstalled. See the frequently asked questions for more information.

We are currently registering early adopters who would like to take advantage of a limited public release of the new firmware. If you are interested in participating in this program, go to our registration form to learn more and apply.

Kind regards

Your My Cloud team

after update,I can’t log in.

Angefangen hat es damit, dass die My Cloud Home “offline” gegangen ist. Nach zwei Tagen habe ich sie neu gestartet. Dabei ging sie wohl kaputt.
Ich habe den Kundendienst informiert und nach näherer Beschreibung einen Vorabumtausch “Advants RMA” ausgemacht.
Nachdem das neue Gerät eingetroffen war, habe ich die Festplatten aus dem alten Gerät in das neue Gerät gesteckt und gestartet. Meine Dateien waren alle vorhanden und konnten abgerufen werden.
Nun gehen die alten Festplatten mit dem alten Gerät zurück nach WD.
Diese Lösung funktioniert allerdings nur mit der My Cloud Home Duo, da hier die Festplatten ausgewechselt werden können.

Grüße