My Cloud Firmware 4.01.04.42​2 Feedback

yes, I am sure, pls read the first posting of this thread, there is the explanation to update the PC software prior to a firmware update.

Have a nice day.

Christian

It’s just boilerplate text is case someone is running an ancient OS with no service pack upgrades. It’s about the same level as ‘have you tried turning it off and on again?’.

Provided your OS is reasonably up-to-date, ignore that instruction…

alirz1 wrote:

wptski wrote:

I spoke too soon!  I powered down for a few which is normal for me and now I have a constant flashing white LED.  I pulled the power for a few seconds and tried again, white LED is still flashing after 10 minutes. I had LED on my gigabit switch before but not now.

What does one lose on a pin hole reset?

Are you sure its white and not the white/yellowish (no network) led ?

On the second try it did turn yellow.  I tried a third time, blinking white LED but I had to leave.  Some 3 1/2 hrs. later, it booted up normally with all intact.  Go figure…

ziemerpopp wrote:

yes, I am sure, pls read the first posting of this thread, there is the explanation to update the PC software prior to a firmware update.

Have a nice day.

Christian

I think that’s just a generic thing, to be up to date like anything else.

Yet another firmware abortion … who builds a NAS that takes 3 hours to reboot after a firmware upgrade?  As I;ve noted on previous firmware discussion forums, I only use this as a temporary storage when I need to dump some files for some reason.  It’s really not even worth keeping plugged in, now that I think about it.

This thing is totally unreliable. And when/if it is working, it’s incredibly slow.  

As I have previously said, lesson learned.  I did get a follow up call to one of my posts, but the tech had absolutely nothing to offer.  At one point he suggested an RMA and then backed away from that,  

I think an RMA would only **bleep** up more of my time with this thing.

Hi All,

Firmware auto updated - no problem.

The problem comes with the fact that it is now constantly deleting and re-creating the UPNP port forwarding rules on my Router.

(1212087.700000) Port forwarding rule deleted via UPnP/TR064. Protocol: TCP, external ports: any-​>9514, internal ports: 443, internal client

and

OUT: BLOCK [65] First packet is Invalid (Invalid tcp flags for current tcp state: TCP […]:80-​>[…]:49751 on ppp3)

It constantly cycles through this process, a re-boot of the router or a stop/restart of the WD drive Remote acces option has no effect, and of course it is impacting the Router as it is doing this constantly when remote access is turned on - Ihave had to disable remote access so can only use the drive at home at the moment.

Once remote access is turned off - everything stablises, includeing the drive, which becomes totally inaccessible after a few minutes, if you leave remote access on.

Definitely something amiss with this firmware update.

Jeddc

How would this be a problem for someone who does not allow remote access? I have had cloud access turned off on my drive and hence I can only point to the firmware as the issue.

Also, why should the drive need 3-4 hours to recycle and require a system restore after a firmware update?

Thanks,
Partha

Partha, jeddc isn’t addressing your problem: he(?)'s just reporting another problem…

@jeddc

Try setting up manual port forwarding for remote access on the router and setup remote access ports manually on the wd also.

Sorry Partha - new to this particular community - it’s laid out differently to others i use

cpt_paranoia was correct - i am adding to the list of issues with this particular release

jeddc

The question i have to ask here - is why should i now have to setup everthing manually - when the previous firmware update did not cause this problem. It has only started since the update, i have reset everything and restarted everything.

If i have the time, i will try a manual setup - just to see if it reports the same errors, or different ones.

Jeddc

Like many times before, I will await a stable update. Never, Never use auto-update.

2 Likes

For something that’s supposed to be “plug ‘n’ play,” this MyCloud is sure time consuming as far as upkeep, maintainance, reparing, rebooting, resetting, configuring, reconfiguring, troubleshooting, and the list goes on…

New firmware still doesn’t stop itself from destroying all my Twonky shares !!

Oh well set them up to be knocked down AGAIN !!

I was lucky enough to have had no problems at all (so far !) with this update, not sure if being a windows user is the reason though.

It;s not a Linux vs. Windows issue, but happy to hear it worked for you.  Maybe it has something to do with batches manufactured at one time vs. another time.

Due to confusion caused by variety of user of experiences, I’ve separated this thread into its own topic and called it My Cloud Firmware 4.01.04.42​​2 Feedback.

Please feel free to continue…

1 Like

jeddc wrote:

Sorry Partha - new to this particular community - it’s laid out differently to others i use

cpt_paranoia was correct - i am adding to the list of issues with this particular release

jeddc

No problems jeddc. I was thinking you meant that the problem was router etc. :slight_smile:

I agree, this board is different from what I am used to as well.

whsbuss wrote:

Like many times before, I will await a stable update. Never, Never use auto-update.

Totally, Totally agree. :slight_smile:

Daveyk15 wrote:

I was lucky enough to have had no problems at all (so far !) with this update, not sure if being a windows user is the reason though.

No, I am on Windows as well. Not sure if that matters anyway. :slight_smile: MyCloud uses Debian btw.