My Cloud Firmware 4.01.04.42​2 Feedback

WD is pleased to announce the update release of My Cloud Firmware Release 4.01.04-422.

• Please follow the instructions when doing the update.

Please feel free to post your questions and experiences in this thread.

Important:

Before updating to the latest firmware, it is recommended that you’ve installed the most recent updates and service pack on your computer.

• For Windows ® , go to the Start menu and select Windows Update
  • For Mac ® , go to the Apple ® menu and select Software Update

Resolved Issues:

• Resolved issue of inability to stream audio files after updating to iTunes 12.1
  • Resolved issue of POODLE (CVE-2014-3566) SSLv3 security vulnerability
  • Resolved stability issue when attaching a USB drive that contains previously created Time Machine backups
  • Resolved issue of Safepoint instability

Just out of curiousity, if anyone has succeeded in upgrading their firmware from 3.04 to this version 4.01.04 without going through all the previous levels of upgrades?

I don’t think I will upgrade, but someday I would like to upgrade when the firmware fixes the sleep mode and I would like to be assured that skipping upgrade versions is possible. Let me know.

Good luck with this quiet firmware release of 9 hours and counting with no panic yet :stuck_out_tongue:

My device was auto-updated to the latest firmware (has been doing so since I purchased about 2 years ago) and I now have the issue of the capacity of the device not displaying on the dashboard and also my cloud access dropped and I cant connect from external networks…

Why release firmware that is going to cause issues… I had this capacity issues before and the previous firmware seem to fix this problem but now its back… well done WD! 

Also I am no longer gettng the email notification that my firmware has been updated, I have notifications set to “all”

Did you try rebooting the drive? 

The capacity might take a while to show up.

Email alerts Dont work if cloud access is disabled or is not working. 

doylecolmdoyle wrote:

My device was auto-updated to the latest firmware (has been doing so since I purchased about 2 years ago) and I now have the issue of the capacity of the device not displaying on the dashboard and also my cloud access dropped and I cant connect from external networks…

Why release firmware that is going to cause issues… I had this capacity issues before and the previous firmware seem to fix this problem but now its back… well done WD! 

Hi doylecolmdoyle,

We have passed this along to support.

I have exactly the same issue.

The firmware updated itself last night and then bang. It would not boot. After several tries, and resetting I was able to reboot. Now the shares are gone and the capacity is 0.

Thanks,
Partha

Capacity is displayed as “-” 

I have managed to restore remote cloud access

I already have remote access. Content Scan is idle and capacity is 0KB. I know all files are still there. So, I am guessing something is wrong with the interface or how it’s communicating with the rest of my systems?

last night the Firmware was updated. Since than I do not have any access to my drive. Even a reset did not solve the issue. I can not use my device any more, it is dead.

Did open a case and a RMA request. Seems that the new firmware did destroy my device

Christian

Christian,

Are you able to ssh into your drive to see if all your data is still there? In that case, your drive is fine, but the firmware probably screwed up the shares.

Thanks,
Partha

Did a system only restore and the drive came back. All is good now for me. :smiley:

Thanks,
Partha

PS: As a precaution, I turned off auto firmware updates.

I do not have any access to my drive. can not see status nor content of it. Wil try to get it recovered. But it is exhausting

Mine went fine, no loss of anything or so it seems right now.

btw, it is somewhat strange, that the latest SW version for the PC must be installed prior to updating the firmware. Most systems most likely will be updated with a new firmware automatically. In my case a prompt on my smartphone did tell me, that an update is available an can be installed, but nothing about any prerequisites like updating the PC software. That is poor from my prospective

Christian

I spoke too soon!  I powered down for a few which is normal for me and now I have a constant flashing white LED.  I pulled the power for a few seconds and tried again, white LED is still flashing after 10 minutes. I had LED on my gigabit switch before but not now.

What does one lose on a pin hole reset?

be patient it could take a long time to recover after pulling the plug, white is not a failure. it is still initializing 

wptski wrote:

I spoke too soon!  I powered down for a few which is normal for me and now I have a constant flashing white LED.  I pulled the power for a few seconds and tried again, white LED is still flashing after 10 minutes. I had LED on my gigabit switch before but not now.

Are you sure its white and not the white/yellowish (no network) led ?

It does a system reset.

wptski wrote:

ziemerpopp wrote:

btw, it is somewhat strange, that the latest SW version for the PC must be installed prior to updating the firmware. Most systems most likely will be updated with a new firmware automatically. In my case a prompt on my smartphone did tell me, that an update is available an can be installed, but nothing about any prerequisites like updating the PC software. That is poor from my prospective

Christian

I have never heard of this. Are you sure? I don’t use any PC software to communicate with the drive.