My Cloud EX2 Ultra showing failed drive with brand new replacement

Hello,

I’m looking for a little guidance on what I need to do to get this device actually working, I’ve owned it for around a year and it’s never been capable of use.
And I apologize, but the title is SLIGHTLY misleading, The My Cloud device IS showing that the drive has a fault with the led indicator and a “Volume Failure”. The reason I’m reaching out instead of replacing the drive is… THIS is the replacement NAS drive from WD that was just delivered to me under warranty. The other big fun issue I have with this “Volume failure” is, on the Storage > Disk Status Page- The drive shows- and that it’s “Good”. So, the drive is apparently working, but the My Cloud is showing a fault. Finally, I DID find this topic:

But there is literally no information answering the question and it seems a fair bit different than my own problem anyway.

Is there anything I can do to fix this or should I just build my own server from an old computer like Youtube tells me to do?

Thanks in advance.

2 Likes

Hello,

Which I had a good answer for you. I am looking for a solution as well and seems like I have the same situation as you do: mine is a replacement under warranty, still have this red LED issue with failure while all tests come back as PASSED. I don’t really know what to do with it.

Thanks.

So… Is that an overwhelming and resounding “Build a server and chalk this up to a poor purchase”?

Thanks for the response sbi, if I find an answer beyond building a server, I’ll post it here…

Anybody? Aren’t there genius moderators around that could say least point me in the right direction?

1 Like