My Cloud dead, how to see content on Windows 10?

Do you have a My Cloud or a My Cloud Home device? They are not the same. In another post (https://community.wd.com/t/mycloud-is-dead-and-need-to-recover-data/158346/17) you indicated you have a My Cloud Home. If you really do have a My Cloud Home device, see the dedicated subforum for the My Cloud Home devices.

The various methods to try and recover data from a My Cloud device may not work for a My Cloud Home device since they are not the same.

Generally if one has a single bay/single drive My Cloud (not My Cloud Home) device they can remove or “shuck” the hard drive from the enclosure. One can then attach that drive to a computer and attempt to read the drive contents. For Windows one will need to use a third party driver to read the Linux formatted My Cloud drive. The Linux File Systems for Windows by Paragon Software is one such third party drive that can be used to access the “shucked” My Cloud hard drive attached to a Windows PC.

The better option is for one to use a Linux OS and see if they can access the shucked My Cloud hard drive. Various Linux distro’s offer the ability to create a boot disc or boot USB flash drive that one can use to boot their computer into Linux and from there acchess a shucked My Cloud hard drive.

If the drive is unreadable then one may have to try using various third party Linux data recovery options to try and recover data. One could even go so far as to pay a lot of money to a dedicated data recovery service to try and recover data. Results are usually mixed.

The My Cloud Dashboard offers the capability to backup a My Cloud to another USB hard drive attached to the My Cloud. The feature is called Safepoint (first gen) and Backup (second gen). If one has done so they can recover that backup data (from the last time it was backed up). Generally one could attach that USB hard drive to a PC and access that backup file data.