My Cloud App can't connect to MPW (anymore)

I did not suggest you return it for a different device (By the way, there are some) I suggested you return to seller to EXCHANGE your present MPW for another NEW one.

Yes, I understand about the geek in you! I have one in me too, or I never would have tried so hard to help you! But this is not about understanding how/why it is screwed up or fixing it anymore. It is about MONEY; the money you spent for a new MPW, the money you may loose if you don’t get it swapped right away, and if you end up having to send it to WD, they are not going fix yours, or send you another new one, they are going to send you another one that was returned they fixed because another owner had a problem with the unit. It could be a year old unit and not even a new one like yours.

Tell the geek inside you to be quiet, you have to make the exchange, it’s now or never.

i don’t care about a return and the $150(converted from EUR). I don’t think another, brand new device, will fix my issue either. It works for me(kind of) even without the stupid app. So i’ll wait for WD to release a new version of the app/firmware.

Despite the reports about WD HD reliabitily which don’t favor WD anymore, i haven’t had a single bad experience with WD drives(yet). So i’ll keep on believing(and buying) WD drives and hope WD will fix this issue with an otherwise really awesome device!

So please WD, don’t let me(us) down on this one! The nerds like mike27oct and me keep a product like this one going and improving.By the way, making a device more open - fully documented - has never hurt ANY manufacturer, AFAIK!
Please, anybody, prove me wrong with this one!
So please WD, release a manual or another document that describes everything we can modify in the configuration via SSH(or other means) and your users will appreciate it(and move the platform forward)!

OK, Dan, totally your call. BTW, the HD reliability report you linked was interesting, since I had seen a report of Google’s data center HD, and WD beat out Seagate.

If you didn’t know WD owns HGST (which is the old name of Hitachi drives of which I have some that are pre-WD. Two are in my laptop. And, I read that WD now makes the 3.5" drives, for both companies and HGST makes the 2.5" drives for both…

HEY, We confessed to being geeks, not nerds. Nerds are nerdier than geeks, so I prefer to be a geek. :wink:

You better should talk about a pure anal-ytics report. Backblaze reports are known to contain a lot of misusage of drive and low knowledge about drive technologies. If your business model is “using refurbished desktop drives in an environment causing massive permant load (their pods)”, then your business model is wrong but not the drives.