My Book Live/Create Safepoint/Discover devices/GEOFF-PC/username and password?

I need help with the username and password for the discovered device to create a Safepoint for MyBookLive.

GEOFF-PC is the name of my desktop computer (discovered device), and I have a Windows log on password for it, but the fields USERNAME and PASSWORD do not accept GEOFF-PC as the username together with my password for logging on to Windows.

Any clues what USERNAME and PASSWORD might be asking for?

Um well the user name is the admin name which is either just “admin” (the factory default) or whatever you or the drive owner changed it to. You can check this by accessing the dashboard and looking at the user list.

Re: My Book Live/Create Safepoint/Discover devices/GEOFF-PC/username and password?

yesterday

Um well the user name is the admin name which is either just “admin” (the factory default) or whatever you or the drive owner changed it to. You can check this by accessing the dashboard and looking at the user list.

Thanks TylerThomas for your suggestion.

I looked at Dashboard/Users, and found that ‘admin’ was in fact my username.  I updated the password by selecting ‘no password’, then went into Backups/MyBookLive Backups/Create to create a Safepoint and selected ‘Discover’ for MyBookLive.  ‘GEOFF-PC’ was discovered as my computer. On selecting this, I was asked for a username and password, so I entered ‘admin’ and did not fill in the password box.  I got the error message ‘Invaled username or password’.  Repeating the whole process from Dashboard/Users to create a Safepoint gave the same error.

What do I try now?

I am having the same problem. What was your solution?

THe suggested solution provided to you didn’t work for me either.

Thanks

I think that the user name and password that is being reffered to is of the discovered device. I set up my MBL to backup to another NAS, a D-Link DNS-323. When I first set it up, it asked me for a password. I entered the D-Link password (which happens to be admin), and I was ablle to connect.