My book live a usb

Hello,

I have a 3tb My Book Live and I would like to directly connect it to the computer

via a USB port?  Is that possible?

I bought a USB to LAN adapter, properly installed, with its drivers, working well,

but the WD stays with a blinking white led…

Any help?

Thank you

BielVich wrote:

Hello,

I have a 3tb My Book Live and I would like to directly connect it to the computer via a USB port?  Is that possible?

No.  The USB port is only for adding USB drives. 

The My Book Live must be plugged into a functioning Ethernet network.   

TonyPh12345 wrote:

BielVich wrote:

Hello,

I have a 3tb My Book Live and I would like to directly connect it to the computer via a USB port?  Is that possible?

OK, where is the USB port on MY MBL? Is it hidden? All I see on the back is a RJ45 port and a reset hole and the DC power jack…I’m confused. I wish I did have one!

flhthemi wrote:

TonyPh12345 wrote:

BielVich wrote:

Hello,

OK, where is the USB port on MY MBL? Is it hidden? All I see on the back is a RJ45 port and a reset hole and the DC power jack…I’m confused. I wish I did have one!

D’oh – smacking my head.   Only the Duo and Cloud have them.

Sorry for adding confusion!  flhthemi is correct – the MBL doesn’t have ANY USB connectivity.

Anyone know of a USB/Network adapter that does NOT require client software being installed for access to it?

i.e. Connect it to router via cat5 connect USB hard drive to it and no extra software needed…

I have several hard drives I would like added as NAS…

I think that’s called a PogoPlug, for one…

TonyPh12345 wrote:

I think that’s called a PogoPlug, for one…

Yeah, I saw that. I also saw quite a few bad reviews of it…which really doesn’t mean too much. But I also saw the USR-8710.

Too cheap to be too good? I dunno…looking around for reviews and such. I don’t need internet access to it. I just want to put the drives online for my network and have the Hub, Plus, Play and LG TV access them. Pretty isn’t a consideration, functionality is.

there are a number of routers you can buy which have a USB port on them for attaching USB storage.  Netgear makes a few models like this.