My Book Essential not showing on my PC anymore

My WD External hard drive do no show on my PC any longer. I connected to a Mac Book and I am able to see everything on my hard drive. Any suggestions on how to see my drive on my PC? Thanks

This is normal. A hard drive formatted for HFS+ Mac usage is not compatible with Windows.

Your hard drive will be displayed within Disk Management. It will ask you to initialize it and partition (Format) it before you can use it. However, doing so will make the hard drive read-only on a Mac.

The only way around this is to format the hard drive in a cross-platform file system such as exFAT or FAT32, but such file systems do not normally support automatic backup features.

Before that I was able to use it on my PC when I first bought it. Just recently I do not know what cause it to not show on my PC now. So, I attempted to connected on my Mac Book and I was able to see my folders. I connected back to my PC and still not showing I did everything from checking on my Disk Management and it is not showing on that either. I do really do not want format it I have over 800GB of photos and videos. There is got to be a way I can at least copy to another external hard drive then format it…