My Book 3.0 USB 3 2TB does not work on USB 3 but works on USB 2

In a word, “no.”  You are setting the bar too high.  I would be astonished if you got that kind of performance out of the ordinary SATA drives that WD uses in the MyBook enclosures.

I see something like 99-100 MB/s at best with the 3 TB Western Digital drive over USB 3.0.

I have an older, 1 TB Western Digital disk in a different enclosure, that gets “only” 60-70 MB/s over eSATA.  I think it is a 5400 RPM drive.

Note that I am referring to sustained transfer speed, as when copying a large, multi-GB file.  Burst speed is much higher, but of limited relevance, because it’s basically just the disk dumping a small RAM buffer (typically 64 MB).

I have GIGABYTE 990AX-UD3 and having the same situation on USB 3.0.

When windows 7 x64 starts up MYBOOK 2TB 3.0 USB doesn’t get detected. When I unplug it and then plug it back then it’s recognized. I have already updated BIOS, USB 3.0 ports driver, MYBOOK firmware and nothing yet.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

guiboos

I know you don’t want to hear this, but I also have twenty seven years in computers. I purchased a new HP I7 computer with a built in 3.0 hub which is connected directly with the motherboard. When the 3.0 drive was plugged in it worked fine. Then I installed some software and received some updates for the computer including drivers. I then tried to use the 3.0 drive and the drive was not recognized anymore. I took the drive back and they replaced it but this time I chose another manufacture only to have the same thing happen. I then instead called the computer manufacture and told them in detail what went on. The tech took me through the process in reinstalling the 3.0 hub driver. After that the 3.0 worked just like it was made to work. I will also tell you I got a update from Texas Instrument for drivers on my computer just a week ago along with Windows 7 Bit updates. The Texas Instrument was an optional update. So I installed the optional update. Went to use the 3.0 drive and the drive would not show up anymore. Now, just going through this in the past not long ago I went back into my program installs and reinstalled the driver for the 3.0 hub and the 3.0 drive worked and still is working. This is the kicker on this whole mess with 3.0; that is the companies making the drivers must not check there software out before they send it out because they are old drivers or defective drivers. If I can I would highly recommend that you contact you’re computer manufacture or the company that you purchased your hub from and explain in detail what happened and see if they can help out; and they may be the source of the problem and to get them to admit will be real difficult?

I use my 3.0 drive for hard drive full back ups. I also have made Fraps videos for Youtube and used the 3.0 drive for saving the Fraps movies location. I found that the transfer rate is to slow for the videos. I then installed a 7200 RPM 3TB internal drive and I now save all my movies to the internal drive with no lag or problems. So if you are thinking about videos the 3.0 may not be you’re answer ether. By the way I still have that Texas Inst. Driver (optional) update waiting to be installed and I have to delete that update so in a senior moment I don’t install the faulty update for my computer and start over again with reinstalling the driver that come with my computer was correct.

Mavrick11 (FSX) :smiley: